Around the NHL 2018-19, Part 7: RIP Your Playoff Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
This doesn't look it turns out as entertaining and explosive as the Bruins Columbus game

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
IMG_20190425_220325.jpg

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I don't like the Bruins
And I don't want Blues to win
Everything gets shattered in this playoffs ;)

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Even with Eichel and Dahlin, it's hard to not feel like the Sabres are really really far behind these teams in the playoffs. We have the hardest pieces to get in a high end 1C and 1D, but our depth has such a long way to go.

Mr. Botteril has a lot of work to do.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Heiskanen is clearly confused out there. Turns his body on a shot by Perron which Bishop stops with his mask.

I'll take Dahlin.....

Even though St Louis is a division rival, the Stars haven't figured out that shots from the top of the umbrella rarely get through on a collapsing, stacked defense like St Louis plays.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Even with Eichel and Dahlin, it's hard to not feel like the Sabres are really really far behind these teams in the playoffs. We have the hardest pieces to get in a high end 1C and 1D, but our depth has such a long way to go.

Mr. Botteril has a lot of work to do.

It really does seem like an impossible feat.

Reactions: darcyRegier

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It really does seem like an impossible feat.

It does seem like a functioning, simplified system would help. Not playing HS-style man-to-man in their own zone, having quality outlet options by drawing the forwards closer to the defensemen so they can move as a five-man, mutually supporting unit... just some basic stuff... could make this team look a f***-ton better. They are still shy on talent, but work out the kinks by minimizing the complexity for the cement heads playing defense for them at the moment seems like a good way to move ahead.

And if they could get some long-term good goaltending? That? That would be excellent.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I think I heard somewhere that we had a ROR once and he was also pretty good at those face offs. Not sure where I heard that.
I'm mostly done grieving over this trade, and am learning to cope. But once in a while, I get so pissed watching that team. That's our f***ing 2C. Why did I just watch 60+ games of Sobotka at 2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad