Around the NHL 16-17 part 3 (trades! trades! trades!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
A little surprised he took an assistant job over waiting for a coach to get canned in-season. Then again, if you asked me whose seat may get hot quickly, Vigneault would be in my top five.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
A little surprised he took an assistant job over waiting for a coach to get canned in-season. Then again, if you asked me whose seat may get hot quickly, Vigneault would be in my top five.

That was my thought, especially with Drury in the front office. If Vigneault is on the hot seat early in the season, Lindy would likely have Drury's support to take over.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
You look at the thread on the Ranger board and you're lead to believe they replaced Beuk with Ron Rolston

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
As a follower of either team I'm not sure how well Lindy will work with the Rangers. On one hand at least from what I remember from most of my young life is that Ruff keeps a stern approach on his players and the Rangers need that. Don't know how much anyone here has heard but all this year and the last they've had a lot of preparation issues and accountability on the ice at the very least. And practices apparently are very lax. Then on the other hand I remember toward the 2010s and onward he kind of didn't react or adjust much following adversity during the game but I'm not sure how much of that could be his fault opposed to the skaters.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The old Andy joke:

- Do you know what stopped Andreychuk on his breakaway after the opening faceoff?

- No, what?

- The horn to end the period.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Botterill screwed up.

Should have not traded for Beaulieu. Vegas would have taken him and the McPhee would have moved him for a bag of pucks instead of paying a 3rd with how he's worked the expansion draft so far... :sarcasm:

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
So a prospect that was a 7th round pick and a 2nd round pick 3 years off. Damn. Would have paid that for sure. Couple pretty good d-men went cheap this off season in Methot and Hjalmarsson would have liked either.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

He wasn't fired, thus getting money from a contract so you could say he wanted a job to get paid.

This year how many open coaching slots were there?? Buffalo and florida ??

It's a smart move being asst on a good team.

Botterill screwed up.

Should have not traded for Beaulieu. Vegas would have taken him and the McPhee would have moved him for a bag of pucks instead of paying a 3rd with how he's worked the expansion draft so far... :sarcasm:

How old is Beaulieu ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino