Around the NHL #14 - Offseason and junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Chia's gonna really be in for it trying to convince Draisaitl that his play is only worth 3m more than Russell

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Yup gonna be fun times seeing what Draisatl and McDavid get. McDavid should get 14 mil and hopefully he does. And Draisatl 7-8 mil?

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Oiler fans when Russell was a Flame: "Check out those possession numbers, worst defenseman in the league, etc"

Oiler fans when Russell is an Oiler: "Advance stats mean nothing, hes a good heart and soul guy, reliable #4"

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Is Draisaitl really worth half as much as McDavid? I'd be shocked if he was below 10 million.

I mean does he warrant close to the same amount as McDavid or Kane? I know I take him over Toews anyday of the week but 10 mil? I would certainly love if that happens. Luckily Gaudreau took the 6 mil.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Honestly, not to go off on a tangent, but way too much value is placed on on-ice SV%

When Russell's on-ice SV% has been ridiculous (2014-15, 2016-17) he's considered a top four defenseman. When it has been more normal (2012-13, 2015-16) he passes waivers, or can't even get himself a contract until training camp. It's silly.

Last year, I thought 70% of Brodie's defensive struggles were because Chad Johnson was going Hasek Mode when Jokipakka-Engelland were on the ice, and then letting in softies from everywhere when Brodie was on the ice (the other 30%, of course, was Dennis Wideman).

When will GMs learn that defensemen have never shown an ability to control their on-ice SV% even relative to their teammates, even if they are playing better away from the puck? The only way for an establishes defenseman to control his on-ice goals against is to control the defensive zone time he relinquished.

Okay, tangent over.

Haw Haw 4x4 for Kris Russell!

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Brodie also had personal problems to deal with. Once Wideman was off his line and the systems sorted themselves out he looked much better.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm expecting 8x8 for Drai and 8x12 for McDavid

I'd be surprised if McDavid leaves money on the table AND takes a deal that doesn't give him a way out. McDavid's agent was also looking for a 5 year deal.

I see 10.5x5 for McDavid and 8.5x7 for Draisaitl

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
I'd be surprised if McDavid leaves money on the table AND takes a deal that doesn't give him a way out. McDavid's agent was also looking for a 5 year deal.

I see 10.5x5 for McDavid and 8.5x7 for Draisaitl

You know a 5 year deal would be the best. Then there's potential he leaves the Oilers.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Draisaitl's worth a bit over half McDonalds' contract. And McSweepstakes sure as **** isn't worth 14 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad