Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If Vegas wins the Cup again I think I’m going to take an extended break from the NHL.

I readily admit I may “just be saying things,” and call it sour grapes if you want, but what’s the point of watching if certain team(s) get blatant advantages — everything from WWE levels of biased officiating to convenient LTIR shenanigans that still haven’t been patched up after like three seasons of this shit…

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If Vegas wins the Cup again I think I’m going to take an extended break from the NHL.

I readily admit I may “just be saying things,” and call it sour grapes if you want, but what’s the point of watching if certain team(s) get blatant advantages — everything from WWE levels of biased officiating to convenient LTIR shenanigans that still haven’t been patched up after like three seasons of this shit…
The sports betting takeover has soured me on the league a bit also.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Jets stinking up the joint in their series has killed any motivation I had to watch other teams' series but how is PL looking for the Kings?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
The Jets stinking up the joint in their series has killed any motivation I had to watch other teams' series but how is PL looking for the Kings?

Not good tbh

He pulled a penalty though but kings couldn’t capitalize

Kings have played well, really strong defensively. Oilers are playing really good too. Makes you wonder if PLD turned it on how much better kings could be

Kings have been the slightly better team, it’s gone to OT. Just feels like oilers are gonna eke out the win

Reactions: JetsFan815

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Not good tbh

He pulled a penalty though but kings couldn’t capitalize

Kings have played well, really strong defensively. Makes you wonder if PLD turned it on how much better they’d be

Interesting I really thought he would pull it together for the playoffs as he had a few strong games ending the season.

Reactions: kanadalainen

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Interesting I really thought he would pull it together for the playoffs as he had a few strong games ending the season.

He’s been better than terrible, he’s upgraded to “not good” 😂

——

Man you just hate to see Dallas down two.

If they lose, whoever wins out of us and avs…just hope it’s us solely to dish out revenge on the knights.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Great shot by Kopitar.

LA deserved to win that one! Also shut the stupidly orange biased SN panel up. Happy I was wrong that oilers didn’t eke out a win

Tip my cap to oilers - they played a tough game too. If kings keep playing that way defensively it’s gonna be a grind of a series.

Reactions: bustamente

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

I don't disagree. Some applaud the Machiavellian approach, bob their head and say "hey, if they can get away with it, then why not?" But that attitude ignores the long game, and may cement the NHL as a forever "B" league - fun, but not to be taken too seriously. If pure sporting competition is the pinnacle - then cheating the system infects the entire league. Players, coaches, fans - all are affected - left with a tiny residual sense of "what's the point".

Its not a clean, professional way to run the league. The influence and overt cynicism of old timer owners in today's NHL is, to me, a bit too much to take. Its my hope that this malpractice continues to degrade the experience of a large number of fans - enough so that the ongoing shady operations of clubs like Vegas might be stopped. Call me a prima donna, but I consider that's the best way to grow the game and bring it to its best.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
He’s been better than terrible, he’s upgraded to “not good” 😂

——

Man you just hate to see Dallas down two.

If they lose, whoever wins out of us and avs…just hope it’s us solely to dish out revenge on the knights.
Yeah, like that would ever happen.:rolleyes:

If by revenge you mean come beat us 4 times again, then sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Luc Labelle

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Some of the captioned translations on NHL.com are amusing.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 6.48.48 AM.png

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't disagree. Some applaud the Machiavellian approach, bob their head and say "hey, if they can get away with it, then why not?" But that attitude ignores the long game, and may cement the NHL as a forever "B" league - fun, but not to be taken too seriously. If pure sporting competition is the pinnacle - then cheating the system infects the entire league. Players, coaches, fans - all are affected - left with a tiny residual sense of "what's the point".

Its not a clean, professional way to run the league. The influence and overt cynicism of old timer owners in today's NHL is, to me, a bit too much to take. Its my hope that this malpractice continues to degrade the experience of a large number of fans - enough so that the ongoing shady operations of clubs like Vegas might be stopped. Call me a prima donna, but I consider that's the best way to grow the game and bring it to its best.
Speaking of Prima donna and Vegas..... :naughty:

Reactions: kanadalainen

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Anyone else watching the Leafs and Bruins and thinking the Avs or Jets would kill either of them?

Toronto seems to have our number the last few years. I'd want no part of them. I think we match up well with Boston though.

The NHL can't touch it until the CBA expires. A solution will come but not until 26/27 season. Until then every team can utilize it, Vegas is just in a unique position because every single player is willing to waive and resign there.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I read an article on Sportsnet the other that calculated the cap hit for the roster that started game one.

They are over the cap by just 1 million. That's it. So if you had a cap they'd only really have to swap out one lesser piece.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

It definitely adds to my overall disdain for the nhl. Such a bush league in so many ways.

For me, if the Jets go out with a whimper and run it back, I just don't know.

I've been a fan of this team for every moment of their existence in the nhl , both 1 and 2.0.

I just don't want to go through another season knowing that they're going to say all the same things and then just wilt when it gets tough.

It's not like the core is young, this is a mature, experienced team. They should have learned all the lessons they've needed to.

Bones is passed there's no push back but at the end of the day it's the coach that has to sort it out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad