Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Dreger is reporting on Sportscentre that the Utah group is consulting with a team north of the border on how do the relocation and transition properly. Guess which team....THE WINNIPEG JETS.

The irony is pretty great, the remnants of Jets 1.0 is now asking Jets 2.0 for advice and help. But I think it's great they are already starting a good relationship with the new ownership. That will help in the future with trades etc.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It’s more important to get it right than rush a name. Has not been an issue in the PWHL.
I have no issues with HC Utah

Utah HC...

HC = High Country...

The high country people... from the Apache word Yuttahih... then the Spanish shortened it to Yuta...

The Mormons couldn't spell so called the State... Utah...

:popcorn:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
It should. Utah wants nothing to do with the Coyotes / Jets history so they are starting new, and how silly would it be to have Arizona potentially go thru an expansion draft 5 years from now and keep the Jets 1.0 history.

As silly as the league owning a hockey team in the desert, playing out of a university arena?

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What the hell, Ducks are up on Vegas 3-1! Not that I'm complaining, maybe there is something to this idea of them wanting to not play the Oilers in the first round.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We rag on him when he sucks and it is only against Chicago but looks like PLD had a monster game:

Corsi: 91%

xGoals: 91%

Shots: 12-0

Faceoffs: 80%

Return of playoff-Pierre? LA is gonna need it going up against the Oilers.
When he's on he's one of the most dominant centers in the league. I was ready to hand first half Dubois the keys to the castle last year when he was playing like that every game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad