Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Continue from here:
Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Hughes to sign in Vancouver for the rest of the season...can help them make the playoffs

and Jumbo Joe ties Stan Mikita in points yesterday...

talk among yourselves...

tumblr_po5tsxmzmu1xkok61o1_500.jpg

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’ve always like Jumbo Joe but it’s weird to see him up there with an all time great like that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I’ve always like Jumbo Joe but it’s weird to see him up there with an all time great like that.
it literally was shocking to see his name there with Mikita...longevity goes a long way towards reaching those feats. Thornton I think will always be underrated over his career, I certainly have as well. He was dominating for stretches but always had "playoff choker" label for him...but for him to be tied for 14th overall in points??? who the f*** saw that coming??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if you look at Thornton as an example - Kane could have 9 more seasons playing this game...think about that for a moment, 9 more NHL seasons for Kane until he turns 39 like Jumbo..over Jumbo's last 9 seasons from current to 2010-11, Jumbo has around 550 points over that span...550 points over his last 9 season, and people think Kane can't do the same??? if Kane hits 550 points over 9 years, he would hit 1,475 points, beating Mikita. Kane can easily beat Mikita as long as he plays 6-7 more years IMO...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Zadina has been back up in the lineup for those interested in looking at him, he is playing against the Panthers right now. I was not that high on Zadina for last draft, still am not really either.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I kind of got a bad taste in my mouth with Jumbo Joe with the way he seemed to be targeting Toews. Got a feeling he kind of resented this young upstart winning the 3 cups etc. Guess it's human nature.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
@AmericanDream excited to watch the Caps/Jets, I know you mentioned you'll be watching. :cheers:

Holy shit those Caps jerseys are just terrible.

I don't know why I didn't get it earlier, but I just got ESPN+ for $5/month and it carries a lot of NHL games. Sometimes a few games a night, I think. As someone who doesn't have cable, this is worth every penny.

I kind of got a bad taste in my mouth with Jumbo Joe with the way he seemed to be targeting Toews. Got a feeling he kind of resented this young upstart winning the 3 cups etc. Guess it's human nature.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I remember Toews also going out of his way for no reason to start shit with Thornton. I want to say I remember him even starting a fight when nothing had really even happened in that game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
@AmericanDream excited to watch the Caps/Jets, I know you mentioned you'll be watching. :cheers:

Holy **** those Caps jerseys are just terrible.

I don't know why I didn't get it earlier, but I just got ESPN+ for $5/month and it carries a lot of NHL games. Sometimes a few games a night, I think. As someone who doesn't have cable, this is worth every penny.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I remember Toews also going out of his way for no reason to start **** with Thornton. I want to say I remember him even starting a fight when nothing had really even happened in that game.
it will be a hell of a game, come join the Jets GDT, always fun and always welcome us Hawks fans in there!!

Reactions: Crow

Crow

May 19, 2014
I’m in for the game. I bet like $50 on the caps though. The jets always disappoint me on bets. I don’t think it will make me biased or anything. It’s not like I’m planning my retirement on it.

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013

I also choose not to pay for cable so this sounds interesting...I assume there are local blackout rules?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I also choose not to pay for cable so this sounds interesting...I assume there are local blackout rules?

Yeah there are blackouts with it. I don't live in the Chicago market so it works especially well for me.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Very surprised to hear a female color announcer on sports net for the flames.

Are there any others in the four major sports ?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Very surprised to hear a female color announcer on sports net for the flames.

Are there any others in the four major sports ?

Yes. ESPN has Jessica Mendoza (I think that’s her name) and she is excellent on Sunday night baseball. There is also female broadcasters for NBA (Doris...I for get her last name).

Last edited:

Crow

May 19, 2014
Yes. ESPN has Jessica Mendoza (I think that’s her name) and she is excelent on Sunday night baseball. There is also female broadcasters for NBA (Doris...I for get her last name).
Don’t recall hearing either. Thanks for the info though. I’m impressed by this woman so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad