Around the League Thread | The Season is Coming Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I will say, the picture on ESPN+ is fantastic. A bit of a pain in the ass to navigate, no option to start from beginning but picture is superb.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Um half their organization including players were covering up sex assault at the time- no way they deserved to win- they should have been suspended.

1. The fans don't deserve to have their team taken away from them due to the actions of a couple management people. If AV was grabbing asses of Canuck employees in 2011 and Gillis covered it up ... punishing Canuck fans by taking our team away for a season would be absurd.

2. The players might have behaved like shit toward the victim but they were not involved in any 'cover up' to my knowledge. They won the Cup fair and square.

3. There is absolutely zero logical or possible mechanism to 'suspend' the Blackhawks for a year. It's absolutely impossible to do and a notion not grounded in reality. Like, does Alex Debrincat lose a year of his career because of something that happened when he was 12?

Again, people did some very wrong things. Those people deserved to be punished, harshly. But absurd punishments that don't even target any of the right people solve nothing.

Reactions: ddawg1950

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
1. The fans don't deserve to have their team taken away from them due to the actions of a couple management people. If AV was grabbing asses of Canuck employees in 2011 and Gillis covered it up ... punishing Canuck fans by taking our team away for a season would be absurd.

2. The players might have behaved like shit toward the victim but they were not involved in any 'cover up' to my knowledge. They won the Cup fair and square.

3. There is absolutely zero logical or possible mechanism to 'suspend' the Blackhawks for a year. It's absolutely impossible to do and a notion not grounded in reality. Like, does Alex Debrincat lose a year of his career because of something that happened when he was 12?

Again, people did some very wrong things. Those people deserved to be punished, harshly. But absurd punishments that don't even target any of the right people solve nothing.

I mean.

they do take way draft picks from teams for stuff that happened three years prior. That affects people who work in analytics and amateur scouting who had nothing to do with it, and also affects fans.

:ha:

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I mean.

they do take way draft picks from teams for stuff that happened three years prior. That affects people who work in analytics and amateur scouting who had nothing to do with it, and also affects fans.

:ha:

At least penalties for sign-stealing and combine tampering have some connection to the on-field/ice product. I don't know if I agree there either, but I definitely don't agree with hockey ops penalties for non-hockey ops transgressions.

Reactions: wetcoast

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
At least penalties for sign-stealing and combine tampering have some connection to the on-field/ice product. I don't know if I agree there either, but I definitely don't agree with hockey ops penalties for non-hockey ops transgressions.
The irony of the 'stop the steal" campaign in Texas earlier this year (especially with respect to the Houston Astros).

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

The fans aren’t included in the equation, in my opinion. In fact I see many Chicago fans enabling this franchise.
If you are a worker in an organization and you know that a manager is sexually harassing another worker and you don’t go to your union and rather turn a blind eye you are a disgusting, despicable person. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad