Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Casey Mittelstadt trade looks really good for the Avs. I think he even might take a discount just because he is happy to be off a dumpster fire that is the Sabres and been on winner like the Avs.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Casey Mittelstadt trade looks really good for the AVS. I think he even might take a discount just because he is happy to be off a dumpster fire that is the Sabres and been on winner like the AVS.
yes he's better defensively than i thought. Good trade to address a bigger need.

I do like Byram a lot. Once again seems he's in a weird spot as a puck moving #3 in Buffalo though.

Sabres have so much talent they are gonna have to figure out how to build it out if they want to be a playoff team and contender because it's just a lot of skilled guys at this point.

Avs lose that trade long term me thinks but im sure they are more worried about winning now and they should be and CM is a nice addition

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Full marks to the Leafs, without Matthews they could have just rolled over and gone gently into the night. Playing without him might have done the rest of the team some good.
The Leafs usually play very well when they miss one core guy. Something is wrong with the mix, too many alpha(s)??

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hellefraud another .890SV% playoff game
Interesting times ahead in Winnipeg. Locked into Helly and Scheiffle. Ehlers is due up in a year. Think they can move off him in a hockey trade.

Wonder if Bowness steps down due to his age and his wife’s health. Maybe time to spend more time at home.

They had a great regular season. Caught in a tough matchup but that’s how it goes.

Reactions: mossey3535

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Casey Mittelstadt trade looks really good for the AVS. I think he even might take a discount just because he is happy to be off a dumpster fire that is the Sabres and been on winner like the AVS.
I wanted Mitts badly. We got Lindholm instead.

Given the LeSabres got Byram, I'm not surprised they took that over any potential offer from Van.

Good for the Avs and good for Mitts. Fit has been great for both.

Reactions: mossey3535 and quat

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The Leafs usually play very well when they miss one core guy. Something is wrong with the mix, too many alpha(s)??

There should be only one traditional 1C on a hockey team.

1Ca and 1Cb doesn't work because traditional 1Cs are solo acts.

In 1Ca/1Cb environment, the needs of the team becomes secondary to the needs of the individual and we kinda see it.

When the Leafs start crapping the bed, its usually a shit avalanche that occurs because "its not my fault" mentality.

IMO of course. :)

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Apparently the Canes have pulled their extension offer to Brind'Amour.

If the Nucks bow out in Round 1, I'd immediately go after Rod.

But that's a pipedream.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

But that's a pipedream.

Strange world you're living in.

Alvin isn't pulling the plug on Tocchet if we lose to the Preds. This team has exceeded every expectation and the organization has turned a huge corner because of Rick Tocchet. What absurd fantasy world nonsense it would be to fire that man and hire Rod Brind'Amour.

Brind'Amour is a good coach but the circumstances of him being the head coach in Vancouver next year makes less than zero sense.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

But that's a pipedream.
Ditching a probable Jack Adam's nominee after his first full, division winning season, is well beyond a pipe dream.

But if canes go full benning nobody is outbidding the leafs for Rod.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Understand getting rid of Tocchet is a pipedream.

I just don't think he's a great coach and this series is exposing that. Expect more of the same next year.

He had everything go right for the first 45-50 games and when the going got tough, it's been mediocre at best.

The only way I see the Canes ditching Brind'Amour is if they decide to be cheapskates.

Is it the one with all the farm animals?
Arbutus Club parkade:

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Understand getting rid of Tocchet is a pipedream.

I just don't think he's a great coach and this series is exposing that. Expect more of the same next year.

He had everything go right for the first 45-50 games and when the going got tough, it's been mediocre at best.

The only way I see the Canes ditching Brind'Amour is if they decide to be cheapskates.

Arbutus Club parkade:

kiss me.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
you guys are forgetting the most obvious place for any of the big coaches this summer:

rich owner in utah who will want to make a splash.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Strange world you're living in.

Alvin isn't pulling the plug on Tocchet if we lose to the Preds. This team has exceeded every expectation and the organization has turned a huge corner because of Rick Tocchet. What absurd fantasy world nonsense it would be to fire that man and hire Rod Brind'Amour.

Brind'Amour is a good coach but the circumstances of him being the head coach in Vancouver next year makes less than zero sense.

Vegas went through 3 coaches in 5 years despite having a phenomenal record.

Tocchet is probably the best coach this franchise has had since AV 12 years ago but I would still do that swap without any hesitation. I think we are about 1-2 years away from seeing a new coach anyways....

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
you guys are forgetting the most obvious place for any of the big coaches this summer:

rich owner in utah who will want to make a splash.

is tourigny rumoured to be on the block?

i would think for continuity purposes alone and navigating a relocation that they basically don't touch their staff for a year or two as part of the transition. in any case, thought he was generally regarded as having done a pretty good job navigating a cap floor roster playing out of a college rink.

Reactions: andora

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
either toronto or seattle for sure

if brindamour doesn't reup in carolina he's going to seattle. 98% sure
Idk any of the behind the scenes details or what rod prefers, but no way anyone outbids the Leafs monetarily, for Brind'Amour and his entire staff it'll be blank cheques.

Another first rd loss to bruins, Keefe sent to space, give Brind'Amour whatever he wants plus a million, and he gets that core past the first couple rounds guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad