Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Much as I want the Leafs to lose, I like this result. It hurts the Bruins fans, which is always good. And it sets up another potential devastating home loss for the Leafs. All good.

Reactions: ForecheckBackcheck

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Who would you all pick for Calder? Bedard's production was amazing for an D+1 but he missed a chunk of the season. Playing 25 minutes a night and getting almost 50 points is also amazing for a defencemen. Which is why I go with Faber although Bedard will probably win

Reactions: mossey3535

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
leafs losing in 7 is the funniest result, but i would also rather see them win.

don't really care about fanbases enough to be that riled up into a "rivalry" - scummy chicago organization aside. there are good people and absolute morons in every city (including vancouver...). funny enough, but i've found calgarians to be the most obnoxious, by far, of any fanbase. oddly, they for whatever reason don't seem to have any media or online presence on here or twitter - maybe because they have calgarypuck?

in general, love to see star players succeed. so in that sense, matthews or mcdavid doing well is cool, and i think, ultimately good for the sport. which is why i cheered for crosby and ovechkin over nashville and vegas.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Who would you all pick for Calder? Bedard's production was amazing for an D+1 but he missed a chunk of the season. Playing 25 minutes a night and getting almost 50 points is also amazing for a defencemen. Which is why I go with Faber although Bedard will probably win

Bedard wasn’t even the best rookie on his own team. There are two ends to the ice.

If Faber doesn’t win it’s a disgrace.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Bedard wasn’t even the best rookie on his own team. There are two ends to the ice.

If Faber doesn’t win it’s a disgrace.

For sure. I still expect Bedard to win though because pointz and Bedard is the bigger name. Should absolutely be Faber though

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What. Maybe he shouldn't win the calder but that is wild statement.

Bedard is an absolute defensive mess. Bottom-5 defensive player in the NHL, and had below-average production for a 1C playing 20 minutes/game on top of that. He’ll be an excellent player but he isn’t an excellent player yet and was something closer to what Zegras gives you.

The best rookie in Chicago was Alex Vlasic who somehow pulled a basically 50% goal differential out of playing 22 shutdown minutes/game on that absolutely craptacular team. Chris Tanev sort of stuff.

If you could accurately measure WAR in hockey Vlasic would be miles ahead.

Reactions: mossey3535

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Bedard is an absolute defensive mess. Bottom-5 defensive player in the NHL, and had below-average production for a 1C playing 20 minutes/game on top of that. He’ll be an excellent player but he isn’t an excellent player yet and was something closer to what Zegras gives you.

The best rookie in Chicago was Alex Vlasic who somehow pulled a basically 50% goal differential out of playing 22 shutdown minutes/game on that absolutely craptacular team. Chris Tanev sort of stuff.

If you could accurately measure WAR in hockey Vlasic would be miles ahead.
Yeah did not realise Vlasic was still considered a rookie remember him playing games in the last two season and just assumed he played more than he did my bad. Honestly thought you were talking and Korchinski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad