Around the League Thread | Second Half!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
That BC Place game was a absolute farce. One per year in the actual outdoors I can deal with, but that was an embarrassment for the city. Rotate the teams and every 16 years someone gets a chance.

Reactions: quat and andora

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Look at that ..Leafs beat the Kings and Ducks in their barns..Sharks are next up on the agenda...All the while with a less than stellar D core..Should be a lot better when Tanev joins them at the TDL.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
That BC Place game was a absolute farce. One per year in the actual outdoors I can deal with, but that was an embarrassment for the city. Rotate the teams and every 16 years someone gets a chance.

I for one liked the very first indoor outdoor game. Not embarrassing at all. Luongo totally stole the show in that one. If I had to do it all over, there isn't one thing I would change about it. Tremendous success, everyone says so.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Toronto media gunned down Samsonov and buried him a shallow grave when he hit waivers... how long till Jones meets the same fate?

1704413603020.png

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
hutton is injured. bjornfot probably gets waived again when he's back
Most of their org depth guys are injured (Korzack, Miromanov out too) and Theodore has been out a while.

This is a nothing claim. Bjornfot will be waived by VGK in short order once they get bodies back, and LA will re-claim him.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If the player had been a 5th round pick, nobody would even know who he is or care that he was on waivers.

Like Canucks' own Kristoffer Gunnarsson? Bjornfot's offensive stat and NHL opportunities suggest that he's a premier shutdown defenseman :laugh: well except for the waivers part

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If the player had been a 5th round pick, nobody would even know who he is or care that he was on waivers.

I’ve mentioned before that it’s fascinating how fans can simultaneously be aware how dumb it was when Jim Benning was trading high picks for busting former high draft picks in their draft+5 season but also be like OOOOOOH SHINY TOY every time some nothing player who happened to be a 1st rounder years before turns up on waivers.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
Like Canucks' own Kristoffer Gunnarsson? Bjornfot's offensive stat and NHL opportunities suggest that he's a premier shutdown defenseman :laugh: well except for the waivers part
haha his numbers in the AHL do not compare favorably to defensive defenseman of the year in the AHL’s Eastern Conference during the 2022-23 season: Ty Emberson.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I’ve mentioned before that it’s fascinating how fans can simultaneously be aware how dumb it was when Jim Benning was trading high picks for busting former high draft picks in their draft+5 season but also be like OOOOOOH SHINY TOY every time some nothing player who happened to be a 1st rounder years before turns up on waivers.
while being generally oblivious to where these guys would even fit in here. As a lefty, he'd be behind Hughes, Zadorov, Soucy, Cole, Wolanin, Hirose, Cicek etc.

Reactions: MS

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Toronto media gunned down Samsonov and buried him a shallow grave when he hit waivers... how long till Jones meets the same fate?

View attachment 795969

I understand a team riding the hot hand, but recent history should be a good warning to Toronto that they need a better solution long term.

But how do they even begin to address that? The cap/cupboard situations are beginning to look a bit nasty.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I understand a team riding the hot hand, but recent history should be a good warning to Toronto that they need a better solution long term.

But how do they even begin to address that? The cap/cupboard situations are beginning to look a bit nasty.
There is no cap and no assets, they want a veteran goalie who can play steady and solid but makes under 1M. so there is no solution for TOR now. It is what it is.
Unless they trade MM, they will have no cap for an adequate 3/4 line after Nylander gets his 11.x AAV.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It didn’t even look that hard, to be honest - he seemed to be holding his face, I wonder if he injured his jaw.
Clean hit by smith. Didn’t take a run at him. Bedard tried to go through the NJ blue line on his own with 3 guys inside the blue line. Mercer knocked the puck loose off Bedard which distracted him from Smith who came in hit him.

Smith is around 6’2 while Bedard is 5’10. Bent over skating with the puck therefore going to be another few inches lower. So like a 7-8 inch difference. Think he took part of Smith's shoulder around the jaw area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad