Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
My god these conspiracy theories with Nyllander are running wild

he seems healthy, full contact jersey, was taking line rushes with with his line

then stays out with the scratches he is going to be scratched again tonight

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Stone had a lacerated spleen for goodness sakes. It's a 2-3 month recovery for return to play. Today is 2 months + 2 days since he suffered the injury. And it fits with a couple of case studies on pro hockey players reports in 2012 that had the same 2 month return to play (it's typically a 3-6 month recommendation for us mere mortals). Splenic Lacerations and Return to Play: Case Report of 2 Professional Hockey Players

There is absolutely no conspiracy on this.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
giphy.gif

Guys, I think we broke the Edmonton Oilers again just like we did at the beginning of the season. They can't seem to handle that we won a game against the Preds last night and if they lose to LA tonight, I think we're going to witness an absolute meltdown of a fanbase post game......stay tuned :popcorn:

Last edited:

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Stone had a lacerated spleen for goodness sakes. It's a 2-3 month recovery for return to play. Today is 2 months + 2 days since he suffered the injury. And it fits with a couple of case studies on pro hockey players reports in 2012 that had the same 2 month return to play (it's typically a 3-6 month recommendation for us mere mortals). Splenic Lacerations and Return to Play: Case Report of 2 Professional Hockey Players

There is absolutely no conspiracy on this.

Even if there was, we wouldn't know - basically the Knights would need to fake medical reports.

I'm more interested to see how he plays, if he's in form, same with Petro and Carrier.

I see Vegas beating Dallas.

Reactions: Devonator

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I hate Benn and Seguin.

But I love Tanev.

And I think the Golden Knights need to be brought down a peg.

Don't really want either of these teams to go deep, but I'll be happy if Dallas can bring down the Golden Knights.

Reactions: Vector

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I think the whole Vegas LTIR is funny and while Stone's injury is ligit, they're obviously massaging the rules. They're throwing it in Bettman's face, and he always let's his pet organizations do it. The (ex) Yotes, the Vegas Miracles, the Chicago pederasts. He gets such poor treatment by those he values the most and he has to eat it in such a publicly humiliating fashion. It's great comedy, with the only downside being his tendency to take out his anger on the "red-headed step child" of the league.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
My god these conspiracy theories with Nyllander are running wild

he seems healthy, full contact jersey, was taking line rushes with with his line

then stays out with the scratches he is going to be scratched again tonight

I seen the following rumors:
1) He's involved in a sports betting/gambling ring
2) He's refusing to play cause he's soft and mentally fragile.
3) Something about vaccines.
4) He hates Keefe and there's locker room issues.

Of course, he likely sustained some upper body injury (ribs/shoulder) in game #82 and is dealing with immense pain.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
giphy.gif

Guys, I think we broke the Edmonton Oilers again just like we did at the beginning of the season. They can't seem to handle that we won a game against the Preds last night and if they lose to LA tonight, I think we're going to witness an absolute meltdown of a fanbase post game......stay tuned :popcorn:
What if they start losing in the first and we open a GDT just like we did for when they lost to sjs early in the season. :laugh:

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I hate Benn and Seguin.

But I love Tanev.

And I think the Golden Knights need to be brought down a peg.

Don't really want either of these teams to go deep, but I'll be happy if Dallas can bring down the Golden Knights.

I will always want to do well and hopefully he signs here in the summer. I’ve also liked Hintz since he helped my win my playoff pool with my Avs fan friend last year.

Plus f*** Vegas

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
giphy.gif

Well, now you jinxed it.

Fairweather

Apr 28, 2009
Vancouver
Watching other teams play is so much more fun after your team just won lol.
Games like that Jets-Avalanche game 1 are fun to watch as an outsider but doesn't compare to the feel of a win like last night.

On the other hand, when Vancouver is not winning or getting pressed, it's the worst feeling. It's so much easier to watch games without any stakes.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Games like that Jets-Avalanche game 1 are fun to watch as an outsider but doesn't compare to the feel of a win like last night.

On the other hand, when Vancouver is not winning or getting pressed, it's the worst feeling. It's so much easier to watch games without any stakes.
playoffs is stressful

There is some serious drama in that Leafs-Bruins series. Go down 2-0 and you know they are done and MLSE will push for some massive changes in the offseason...This is their version of 2011. They absolutely need to get the job done to beat Boston.
from a non leaf fan perspective (or hater), that series is just hilarious.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I seen the following rumors:
1) He's involved in a sports betting/gambling ring
2) He's refusing to play cause he's soft and mentally fragile.
3) Something about vaccines.
4) He hates Keefe and there's locker room issues.

Of course, he likely sustained some upper body injury (ribs/shoulder) in game #82 and is dealing with immense pain.
Yes. It's obvious he got injured or is dealing with something.

Also since G82 ended, Nylander has not taken any line rushes with his regular linemates and didn't even practice in between G1 and G2. He took a light skate by himself before the Black Aces, and reporters like Kloke/Siegel even noted he looked like he was labouring and wasn't fluid. Pretty sure @Breakers is misinformed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad