Around the League thread: Phil in Pitt. And other NHL topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bozak has to be next, right?

A lot more then him. Phaneuf and Lupul should also be traded.

It'll be hard and it may take some patience but if Kessel was seen as a player that had to be traded for our team to change (As per Shanny) then they also have to be traded,

Just blow it up!!!!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
A lot more then him. Phaneuf and Lupul should also be traded.

It'll be hard and it may take some patience but if Kessel was seen as a player that had to be traded for our team to change (As per Shanny) then they also have to be traded,

Just blow it up!!!!

Bozak yes. I think he's gone by camp.
There is no rush for Phaneuf though.
We got players and a 1st for Kessel.
We should try to maximize Phaneuf.
Say the cap goes up to 75 million next year.
Phaneuf will have 5 years left on his deal at 7. We might get a better deal with nothing retained.
A Babcock project.

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON
I have a feeling Franson's coming back.

The way it has been so quiet on Franson, I wonder if he'd take $4x4y. I could see that working out. Nothing more than that, which is already generous. There would need to be some defender's traded first though...

Looking at our line-up, I feel as though there are still some bodies coming in at forward.

EdBelfour20

Jan 19, 2004
No thanks to Franson.

Trade Lupul now and keep Phaneuf till the deadline. Get rid of Bozak ASAP.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
This roster is looking rather full. I think two of Bozak, Kadri, and Holland are being shipped out, I had only expected one of them gone. You have to think that they want to send Lupul away as well.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
The UFA contracts have been much more reasonable this season.

Sekera 6 years X 5.5M is much better value than MacDonald/Orpik contracts IMO, Beleskey signed for 5 years X 3.8M, much less than the rumoured Clarkson numbers, Green only got a three year contract, etc.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
So how much cap space do we have left? Lots I'm guessing?

Can we throw a bunch of money at Martin St. Louis for a 1 year contract? Then retain 50% and flip him at the deadline?

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
So how much cap space do we have left? Lots I'm guessing?

Can we throw a bunch of money at Martin St. Louis for a 1 year contract? Then retain 50% and flip him at the deadline?

We are retaining on Gunnarson and Kessel. We cant retain another contract. So no on the 50% part.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
which is reserved for Dion

I really think it's going to be hard to trade Phaneuf now.

The option with Phaneuf to Detroit has now lessoned with the fact that Weiss got bought out.

Dallas might be one of the few places that he could go to.

The other one is Anaheim.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Interesting to see who even comes back in return of players like Lupul, Bozak and even Holland?? We already signed players and there's not much room. Are we trading these players above for some draft picks only? Not for players since we now have players. Or does these players like Lupul, Bozak and Holland give us a great player back in return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad