Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I think everybody and their dogs are rooting for the Stars in round 1.
Meh, I don't mind Vegas. I admire them for being bold instead of sitting on their ass like the Canucks, and I suppose all Canadian teams do. They actually just abuse the system like the Canucks did under Gillis. The Canucks in 2011 were also like 11 mil over the cap IIRC.

Part of what I like about the Canucks management group right now is that they are also bold and aggressive. Sometimes, it doesn't work out (I think the Lindholm trade was not worth it should have probably used that 1st to move out cap space in the off-season), and sometimes, it just pays off, like the Zadorov trade.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
That oilers guy is exhausting

If you say enough stuff i guess your audience forgets that you dont know what you are talking about

Its like when you answer someone and they go what about this.. blah blah.. what about that.. blah blah.. constantly changimg it into 42 different things

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
That oilers guy is exhausting

If you say enough stuff i guess your audience forgets that you dont know what you are talking about

Its like when you answer someone and they go what about this.. blah blah.. what about that.. blah blah.. constantly changimg it into 42 different things
who are you guys talking to?

Man, reading back at some Oilers fan's comments. They are saying the Canucks copy signing the anthem from them..... Even though Mark Donnelly started doing that in Vancouver over a decade ago now. Waving the towel also isn't a Canucks tradition, even though they started the tradition in the first place.
suffering from major inferiority complex

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
who are you guys talking to?

suffering from major inferiority complex
In the oilers around the league thread.. dont recall the name but a constant for three pages about how nashville playes and they have no talent or direction or what is their end game blah blah

With a whole bunch of lip farts alomg the way

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
If I was a Leaf fan and this core blows it again. Turn over the entire team. From Shanny to the Janitor. Talented core but something just isn't clicking and it started with Nylander and Marner holding out for the maximum bag and Dubas caving in. That set the standard and culture.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
In the oilers around the league thread.. dont recall the name but a constant for three pages about how nashville playes and they have no talent or direction or what is their end game blah blah

With a whole bunch of lip farts alomg the way
Page 26 on their around the league thread is gold. Anyone want cheap entertainment read those pages after our 12 second goal sequence. Post 645 or so about Joshua is the best. Priceless shit :D

Reactions: andora

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Page 26 on their around the league thread is gold. Anyone want cheap entertainment read those pages after our 12 second goal sequence. Post 645 or so about Joshua is the best. Priceless shit :D

Had a quick read and alcohol is still my preferred method of losing brain cells

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Man, reading back at some Oilers fan's comments. They are saying the Canucks copied singing the anthem from them..... Even though Mark Donnelly started doing that in Vancouver over a decade ago now. Waving the towel also isn't a Canucks tradition, even though they started the tradition in the first place.

I mean shit, if I had to live in Edmonton I would be grumpy as f*** as well.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Man, reading back at some Oilers fan's comments. They are saying the Canucks copied singing the anthem from them..... Even though Mark Donnelly started doing that in Vancouver over a decade ago now. Waving the towel also isn't a Canucks tradition, even though they started the tradition in the first place.
They wave pom poms around….

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
The Toronto Sports Network is already in moral victory territory.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 1.49.59 PM.png

Reactions: M2Beezy

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
They are very delusional. They stole the anthem from us but they love to claim otherwise even though there’s video proof lol.

One team and fanbase I will always wish misery for :)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Does it matter who starts it first? Who copied who, don’t care as long as the team wins.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019

Just read that stuff.... and it surprises me that after arguing vehemently in 2022 that Nurse is better offensively than Cale Makar (posts are still there XD) that the same guy is still active saying absurd stuff on the Oiler board.

Everytime I see his posts I can't not crack a smile cause of it

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Meh, I don't mind Vegas. I admire them for being bold instead of sitting on their ass like the Canucks, and I suppose all Canadian teams do. They actually just abuse the system like the Canucks did under Gillis. The Canucks in 2011 were also like 11 mil over the cap IIRC.

Part of what I like about the Canucks management group right now is that they are also bold and aggressive. Sometimes, it doesn't work out (I think the Lindholm trade was not worth it should have probably used that 1st to move out cap space in the off-season), and sometimes, it just pays off, like the Zadorov trade.
Yeah. I don't mind Vegas winning either. Whatever they're doing is within the rules. If your favourite team isn't doing everything they can to get an edge, they're unserious losers.

Comparison to Gillis is spot on. He did the LTIR-to-playoff shenanigans with Edler and Salo. And he was absolutely right to do it. Gillis was always looking to get an edge. That's what the GM should be doing.

The Toronto Sports Network is already in moral victory territory.

View attachment 857540
I am once again begging Canucks fans to stop caring about the Leafs.

Like yeah, everything is going to be about the Leafs when you go out of your way to make it about the Leafs.

Reactions: M2Beezy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad