Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
No matter what, Buffalo will add a great talent.

Svech or Zadina with Eichel will be deadly, and then theres Dahlin...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Dahlin's definitely coming to the East. Still 2/3 chance it's to the Atlantic. Carolina keeps him away from a divisional rival, but they're currently the best team of the three that can get him. Not sure what I'd like to see happen.

Only joking....., but I’d love to him flop in the NHL

Reactions: Buds17

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Looks like Dahlin is going to go to Buffalo. Montreal will probably pick up Zadina at #2 since their last few Russian picks haven't exactly panned out. Buffalo and Carolina I think are the major winners of today. Montreal wins because they get a superior forward than they would at 6/7 but at the same time they're not getting a #1C anytime soon.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Owner and GM change, D as a position of strength. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

From a Jeff Velliette tweet
upload_2018-4-28_20-16-26.jpeg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Still shake my head at VGK. I was so impressed with everything when we went to see the Leafs game out there.

Reactions: garce

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Has are poised to have a big draft if Bergevin can knock a few of those top 60 picks out of the park .. His first rounder will be an easy one to make.

They still have a lot of roster issues to sort out though, so perhaps MB will be misguided by this year's draft and continue to make poor decisions :laugh:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
:laugh: Doesn't seem likely, though D development can be tough to predict.

True. Let’s let him live his dream of playing in the NHL and making millions but never winning. Give him a year or two in the playoffs and that’s enough.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Has are poised to have a big draft if Bergevin can knock a few of those top 60 picks out of the park .. His first rounder will be an easy one to make.

They still have a lot of roster issues to sort out though, so perhaps MB will be misguided by this year's draft and continue to make poor decisions :laugh:

Character and grit has been his mantra, and gosh we have seen what that leads to.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Remember quite a number of folks and analysts sceptical about Vegas’ success in the business side of things.

Boy were they ever wrong .....

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I think he will make trade for young roster players with his draft picks. Rebuild is not really an option if you have Weber and Price on your team. They will go hard to get Carlson and JT, or any other UFAs that can play. Won't be surprise if Bozak and JVR both signed with them in the summer.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Remember quite a number of folks and analysts sceptical about Vegas’ success in the business side of things.

They had a completely unique and different approach and the owner and Mayor knew what they were doing when the got that franchise.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

From my mind, it was never a doubt about how successful they'd be in their first year but years after. I'm sure they'll do fine with all this success out of the gate but if they floundered for a couple years to start out it could have been very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad