Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

Seems good evidence against against trading a Marner/Nylander for Doughty....

It’s almost as if there’s more to winning than simply having a 1C/1D/1G.....
It doesn’t work ever year. Let’s not discredit LA’s stars who’ve won multiple cups because they’re out early.

What have we won lately? A lottery, nothing else significant comes to mind.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
That’s crazy considering they gave Kadri 3.
Apparently, near decapitation is okay as long as contact is only with the neck!

Kadri laid an illegal body check, gets 5 minute major, game misconduct, and, a 3 game suspension!

Morrissey with a vicious assault to a person's neck, with a weapon, 1 game, no penalty, and no game misconduct!

Stay real NHL, stay real!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Kadri laid an illegal body check, gets 5 minute major, game misconduct, and, a 3 game suspension!

Morrissey with a vicious assault to a person's neck, with a weapon, 1 game, no penalty, and no game misconduct!

I would love to understand their rational, but I don’t. I think Kadri deserved 3 games, but that was equally bad and should have been 3 games as well, in my opinion.

Reactions: Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I guessing the DOPS is basing their decision on Morriseys claim it was not intentional and he’s had no prior supplemental discipline penalties.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i really wonder what is going to happen if Philly loses. Elliot was not helpful at all. but i don't know who the candidates for the goalie go round are this year.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I’m so angry with Phili. No effort, no fight. I mean you are losing second game in a row, going down 3-1 in series, have some hits, wear them down physically just a bit. So far Pit has rest during games. Games are easier for them than practices. They will come out of first round unscratched.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I’m so angry with Phili. No effort, no fight. I mean you are losing second game in a row, going down 3-1 in series, have some hits, wear them down physically just a bit. So far Pit has rest during games. Games are easier for them than practices. They will come out of first round unscratched.
I agree its like Philly let them do what ever they wanted, not sure why there was no effort on there part..... it was pathetic.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
unless we win tomorrow - i think all series are a 3-1 situation.
(well depending on what Colorado does)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
unless we win tomorrow - i think all series are a 3-1 situation.
(well depending on what Colorado does)

CBJ leads Wash 2-1.

I get the feeling these all going to wrapped up this weekend and that’s not good for the NHL.

Getting ahead myself, but if does get wrapped up quick Wpg vs Nash, CBJ vs Pens, TB vs Boston hopefully will be long nasty series. I imagine VGK will win in 4.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
CBJ leads Wash 2-1.

I get the feeling these all going to wrapped up this weekend and that’s not good for the NHL.

Getting ahead myself, but if does get wrapped up quick Wpg vs Nash, CBJ vs Pens, TB vs Boston hopefully will be long nasty series. I imagine VGK will win in 4.

I forgot about WSH, thanks for that.
so yah.

Well i think (well i still stand by my prediction in leafs in seven) so we're gonna win. LOL
but i was thinking this is one quick first round. usually we see more game 5-6's than this but everyone is getting obliterated.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
LA couldn't score because they were at the mercy of Vegas strong defense. Many offenses fall victim to this same situation where its out of their own control how the opposition shuts them down and prevents pucks from going in. The stronger the defense the less goals against.

Complaining about lack of offense is the same as praising the opposition defense without realizing it.

A goalie shutout like Fleury had 2 of the 4 games is strong defense.. Nothing an offense can do but complain if the goalie shuts them out.

Stopping 127 of the 130 shots against = .977 (stopping ~98% of the shots he faced).

That is why Defense wins !!!

Wait...what??

LA had the best defense in the league. They lost. They lost to a team with a better offense (and some luck).

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
So after watching game 3 on the Sharks feed, I decided to switch to the Ducks feed for game . I like both teams, but damn how can people think the media has a Toronto bias? Both feeds are complaining about the other team near constantly. I wish commentators for Leafs games defended the team that vigorously.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Wait...what??

LA had the best defense in the league. They lost. They lost to a team with a better offense (and some luck).

he just likes saying Defense wins Championships.i mean. you point out LA has good defense and couldn't score, it can't b because you know LA couldn't score, it's because Vegas had better defense (not more scoring).

Reactions: carko32 and Kurtz

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The Sharks who were the better offensive team during the season swept the 3rd best defensive team in the Ducks.

Offense wins again.

Reactions: Kurtz

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
he just likes saying Defense wins Championships.i mean. you point out LA has good defense and couldn't score, it can't be because you know LA couldn't score, it's because Vegas had better defense (not more scoring).
I do think that's the one series where you can say that line and not be crazy to do so. Neither team gave up a ton of goals. Both goalies had excellent series. With that many one goal games you can say the defensive effort of Vegas was the key point. But the game isn't just one thing. If you can't score or you can't defend at all then you won't win. You need your combination of offense/defense to be better than the other side.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So best management and coaching in the league ... VGK?

One of the best goalies in the league --- VGK?

Most underrated defense in the league ... VGK?

Either that or there are a bunch of overrateds we could mention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad