Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Spoken as expected.

With facts? What does this even mean? The Oilers get hyped up a lot but have not been a super successful team, despite having two players who score a ton. They are a very flawed team.

I'll give them some respect if they do well against Dallas. It'll be the first good team they play.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
They can thank Bettman and his shitty playoff format for that one
They have been very good

The oilers sent the kings into a rebuild/irrekevancy

2022 kings were considered top tier team exiting a rebuild. 2024 the oilers are their bruins

They beat the flames in 2022 who had a historical year . This year vs canucks for sure a bit fortunate thst Boesor is hurt and Demko missed the series, but Silov has been pretty good for the canucks and reason it went so far

Series vs Stars will be the cup finals

The cup is coming from the west again imo

Reactions: Kerberos

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
They have been very good

2022 kings were considered top tier team exiting a rebuild. 2024 the oilers are their bruins

They beat the flames in 2022 who had a historical year . This year vs canucks for sure a bit fortunate thst Boesor is hurt and Demko missed the series, but Silov has been pretty good for the canucks and reason it went so far

I would take either the Rangers or Panthers over this Oilers team.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I am curious who is directly responsible for more goals against...

Reaves was fine, and I even said as much, but he was directly responsible for 2 against.

All I ever want out of a 4th line is to not be a liability.

Lafferty has caused two goals against in this game alone (turnover, offensive zone penalty)

But I put more of the blame on the coach for putting him back in the lineup

Reactions: DarkKnight

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
They have been very good

The Kings were not a top team exiting a rebuild. They had a lot of young unproven pieces.

They've literally never beaten anyone except the Kings and other shitty Canadian teams. They shrivel up the second they have to play a team that doesn't suck

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
They have been very good

Oilers are the 4th best team in the next round if they make it...

A lot of their success is playoff format.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos and JKG33

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I would take either the Rangers or Panthers over this Oilers team.

Stars are also better probably. I don't know why but I don't really like the Rangers as much

But we will see. Will depend on the stars for Edmonton. Kind of the same thing as us but theirs seem to actually care

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
While I do think the Stars probably beat the Oilers in the WCF, I think quite a few posters are selling the Oilers short. Pretty sure they had the best record in the league after their coaching change this year. They're a legitimately good team.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
With facts? What does this even mean? The Oilers get hyped up a lot but have not been a super successful team, despite having two players who score a ton. They are a very flawed team.

I'll give them some respect if they do well against Dallas. It'll be the first good team they play.
5 series wins in 3 years

2022 Kings --> 99 pts, 8th in GA in reg season, oilers score 26 goals in 7 games

2022 Flames --> 111 pts, 6th in goals for, 3rd in goals against, oilers score 24 goals in 5 games

Two top end defensive teams who oilers beat

The oilers beat teams leafs wouldnt.

Leafs wouls not go 3-0 vs kings. Oilers are a tier above the leafs come playoffs

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
5 series wins in 3 years

2022 Kings --> 99 pts, 8th in GA in reg season, oilers score 26 goals in 7 games

2022 Flames --> 111 pts, 6th in goals for, 3rd in goals against, oilers score 24 goals in 5 games

Two top end defensive teams who oilers beat

The oilers beat teams leafs wouldnt.

Leafs wouls not go 3-0 vs kings. Oilers are a tier above the leafs come playoffs

Maybe not, but I also can see the Oilers losing fairly easily to Boston/Florida/Tampa if they were in the Atlantic.

I think they have a fairly easy path every year.

• Haha

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The Kings were not a top team exiting a rebuild. They had a lot of young unproven pieces.

They've literally never beaten anyone except the Kings and other shitty Canadian teams. They shrivel up the second they have to play a team that doesn't suck
The oilers exposed kings as frauds.

Most ppl had kings as the better team and thought oilers would choke to them like 2020 vs CBH or 2021 vs WPG

Oilers last 3 years are a similar tier team to Carolina. A secondary title contender.

This year if they beat Dallas they are likely to take the cup

Leafs are in same group as Kings and Jets for playoff contenders

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The oilers exposed kings as frauds.

Most ppl had kings as the better team and thought oilers would choke to them like 2020 vs CBH or 2021 vs WPG

Oilers last 3 years are a similar tier team to Carolina. A secondary title contender.

This year if they beat Dallas they are likely to take the cup

Leafs are in same group as Kings and Jets for playoff contenders
The Oilers didn't expose shit. The Kings are mid, I was hoping they could take the next step but it never happened.

The Oilers haven't beaten a non-mid team in the playoffs. They got super lucky LA won and Vegas lost in the last games of the season, otherwise Vegas would've swept them just like Dallas will

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
"The sun's starting to set here in Vancouver." - Al Bundy (aka Chris Cuthbert)
IMG_1620.jpeg

Reactions: Blanka

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Maybe not, but I also can see the Oilers losing fairly easily to Boston/Florida/Tampa if they were in the Atlantic.

I think they have a fairly easy path every year.
Oilers lost to Avs in 2022 and Knights in 2023.

Both teams which were better than any atlantic teams from 2022 or 2023 seasons.

Oilers likely beat Tampa like thet beat the Kings in 2022 and 2023. Tampa is a bad defensive team and Oilers PP would feast on them

2022 bruins oilers beat but 2023 bruins I think would beat the oilers

2022 panthers again oilers would beat but 2023 panthers would beat the oilers

I would take the 2024 oilers ahead of any atlantic team besides maybe flordia depending on how bob performs in R3 vs Rangers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad