Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-05-18-07-12-38~2.png

They don't hand out trophies for making the 2nd round though.

Screenshot_2024-05-13-08-22-29~2.png

Good series but Boston was never beating Florida even with a fully healthy Marchand.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
lmao why the f*** would we root for the remaining canadian team; if the leafs were the last remaining canadian team other canadian teams fans would be praying for us to lose
Not the people I know outside of the hockey is the best sport ever crowd.

Most people I know, from 4 provinces I've lived in, will joke about it, but they would support Leafs as a second / third team. Note, I never lived in Quebec ...

But the forum is like being in a game, you're in it to win, or make a point, to squash the other guy, but could be best buds off the course/court/alley/pitch/...

Of course there are those who hate "the center of the universe", as there are whackos everywhere.

Mind you there are hard to take people and they are likely mirrors.

Reactions: uncleben

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Guess the Avs and Bruins didn’t want it enough. No heart I guess .
Funny…a lot of teams that out hit the opponents constantly are out?

I thought that was prerequisite to winning? Don’t tell me again it’s not goaltending and scoring goals.

Hopefully the Rangers make it to the cup.

Reactions: WillNy29

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Guess the Avs and Bruins didn’t want it enough. No heart I guess .
Funny…a lot of teams that out hit the opponents constantly are out?

I thought that was prerequisite to winning? Don’t tell me again it’s not goaltending and scoring goals.

Hopefully the Rangers make it to the cup.

Rangers - Canucks would be interestiing.
Rangers - Oilers be okay ... I like some of their players
Rangers - Stars ... got lots of other things to do.

Reactions: Da Mash

TheGreenTBer

Angry HFBoards Drama Queen since 2005
Apr 30, 2021
I wouldn't count out Edmonton yet. If they win tonight (which I'm betting on) then anything can happen. Full credit to Vancouver I didn't expect them to perform this well. With Pettersson laying an egg too.
I have never hoped for a Vancouver win so much in my life.

Now, after admitting that, I am going to shower in broken glass.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I have never hoped for a Vancouver win so much in my life.

Now, after admitting that, I am going to shower in broken glass.
I literally can't cheer on another Canadian team. I will never want one of them to bring the Cup back to Canada before the Leafs do. Thankfully Dallas , New York and Florida are all powerhouses so we are safe for another year in my prognostication.

I like Draisaitl and McDavid is a local boy so I'm rooting for them but not next round.

Reactions: Da Mash

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I wouldn't count out Edmonton yet. If they win tonight (which I'm betting on) then anything can happen. Full credit to Vancouver I didn't expect them to perform this well. With Pettersson laying an egg too.
Agreed, no guarantee on that series. Let's see what Edmonton can do tonight. But people can relax about Edmonton winning the Cup. They aren't winning anything with that goaltending.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

TheGreenTBer

Angry HFBoards Drama Queen since 2005
Apr 30, 2021
I literally can't cheer on another Canadian team. I will never want one of them to bring the Cup back to Canada before the Leafs do. Thankfully Dallas , New York and Florida are all powerhouses so we are safe for another year in my prognostication.

I like Draisaitl and McDavid is a local boy so I'm rooting for them but not next round.
The only other Canadian team I can tolerate is Calgary and they're never winning anything with that ownership.

Vancouver is the lesser of two evils to me right now. But I like the way they battle and Oilers fans are the worst thing since Montreal.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
That's quite the back-hand pass by Pavelski in traffic to Duchene...I thought Marner is the only player in the NHL capable of making a pass like that...:sarcasm:

Pavelski was right there in front of the net creating havoc, taking the beating and still makes that play. You think marner will ever do that? Come on man....

I'd rather see a Canadian team win at this point. Some people will say it doesn't matter, but it's been 31 years since a damn Canadian team has won the cup. It's way overdue to break that streak.

I've never quite understood why fans of Canadian teams tend to despise each other. While I don't like the Nucks or Habs, I'm quite indifferent to the rest of Canada.

Leafs are winning the cup next year!

#BeLeaf!

:crossfing

(please God!)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'd rather see a Canadian team win at this point. Some people will say it doesn't matter, but it's been 31 years since a damn Canadian team has won the cup. It's way overdue to break that streak.

I've never quite understood why fans of Canadian teams tend to despise each other. While I don't like the Nucks or Habs, I'm quite indifferent to the rest of Canada.
Another 31 yrs is too soon.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Pavelski was right there in front of the net creating havoc, taking the beating and still makes that play. You think marner will ever do that? Come on man....

Leafs are winning the cup next year!

#BeLeaf!

:crossfing

(please God!)

The words "Marner" and "taking the beating" should never be used in the same sentence, unless he"s actually getting his ass kicked.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad