Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
3 poins in 4 games isn't dominating. When you scored 3 of those came in one game
For a goal scorer if you are not scoring you haven't dominated

Before anyone says, well he played well defensively. No he spent most his time in defensize zone
Barkov who wins faceoffs, kills penalties, nullified Charlie MacCovy to no shots for first 5 game, that's defensively playing well.

While putting up points per game. That's dominating

Some of us are too much in love with our fake superstars.
I don't think you read what he posted... he said he dominated ONE game.. that's all. He said he put the team on his back offensively, and won a game... He said Nylander did the same... in specific games.

Sometimes we try and argue for the sake of arguing.

Reactions: fahad203

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
3 poins in 4 games isn't dominating. When you scored 3 of those came in one game
For a goal scorer if you are not scoring you haven't dominated

Before anyone says, well he played well defensively. No he spent most his time in defensize zone
Barkov who wins faceoffs, kills penalties, nullified Charlie MacCovy to no shots for first 5 game, that's defensively playing well.

While putting up points per game. That's dominating

Some of us are too much in love with our fake superstars.
Lol he was ill... game 3 on. Or let me guess the fake superstar must have faked it.

Reactions: Jojalu and fahad203

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I don't think you read what he posted... he said he dominated ONE game.. that's all. He said he put the team on his back offensively, and won a game... He said Nylander did the same... in specific games.

Sometimes we try and argue for the sake of arguing.
Corrected: Thank you for pointing that out

@Antropovsky @thewave

I am just a pissy man. I am absolutely sick of seeing every other team's best players rise to the occassion and ours don't.

I can't only salivate watching Barkov just doing everything.

My bad boys

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You havn't been watching.

Both barns were rocking
It was dead while I watched. ESPN switched during what I assume was the anthem and the fans were still asleep when I turned it off almost half way through the first.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Corrected: Thank you for pointing that out

@Antropovsky @thewave

I am just a pissy man. I am absolutely sick of seeing every other team's best players rise to the occassion and ours don't.

I can't only salivate watching Barkov just doing everything.

My bad boys
Wanna see rise to the occasion? This happened last night. It's never over til it's over!

• Wow

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
How disappointing has Pettersson been for Vancouver these playoffs. Dude has been invisible. Signed the richest contract in Canucks history.

Truth be told, what was Vancouver thinking that too Rutherford giving this guy that amount of bread? Yikes. We think Marner is soft, this is ultra charmin.

Reactions: saffronleaf

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
How disappointing has Pettersson been for Vancouver these playoffs. Dude has been invisible. Signed the richest contract in Canucks history.

Truth be told, what was Vancouver thinking that too Rutherford giving this guy that amount of bread? Yikes. We think Marner is soft, this is ultra charmin.

Nice to see another team pull a Dubas for a charge.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Only one game on tonight.

Both Bruins series and Hurricanes series getting two day breaks. Scheduling has been bad this whole year. Concerts at those arenas probably.

Taylor Swift takes precedence over anything and everything.

You don't know her fans

I watched the first period. I don't remember a single shift

You know else I don't remember? Mikhaeyev

9 games, no points. I remember that though, his playoff performances

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I think the focus for the Leafs going forward is to improve their defense core. We simply don't compare to the teams remaining in the playoffs. Even the Oilers have a better defense than us.

Reactions: OddyOh and fahad203

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Size and Speed.

Heiskanen is insanely good. Their young lads Stankoven and Johnston has been beasting
Not to mention Robertsson

Every team's best player is their best player. They find unsung heroes... Someone steps up
They are big.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I watched the first period. I don't remember a single shift

You know else I don't remember? Mikhaeyev

9 games, no points. I remember that though, his playoff performances

Pettersson hasn't done himself any favours, but I'm not sure what Tocchet is expecting by stapling him to a black hole in Mikheyev, and sometimes Lafferty (another black hole) on that line. Sure they had success earlier in the season, but it's clearly not working

Neither player should be in the lineup imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad