Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Those weren't good angles...there's a slow-motion replay where Bennett covers with his left hand while throwing the hard right hand...Marchand's jaw literally snapped to the side by taking that right-hander from Bennett...he did that to Knies too last playoffs, taking Knies out of the series. This Bennett guy needs a good hearing from Parros and suspended if the league is serious about protecting their players from headshots.
Looks like incidental contact to me with a little jab.

Just two guys trying to hurt each other in round 2…which is what we want.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Looks like incidental contact to me with a little jab.

Just two guys trying to hurt each other in round 2…which is what we want.

Marchand has a concussion and might not play the next two games...Knies got a concussion last year from Bennett and didn't play the rest of the series after...it's not a coincidence...Bennett is a dirty player.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Nice to see Stankoven get on the board. He works his ass off and plays bigger than his size would warrant. The rest of the league should be thankful he’s not 6’3” and 220lbs.

Reactions: Cleetus

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Marchand has a concussion and might not play the next two games...Knies got a concussion last year from Bennett and didn't play the rest of the series after...it's not a coincidence...Bennett is a dirty player.
Yes he’s dirty. FYI, he’s playing in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Marchand took one of his runs at a player just before th end of his shift, lost the battle, hit the boards, messed up his shoulder and saw a few butterflies.

I see nothing wrong with that play on either player’s end.

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Yes he’s dirty. FYI, he’s playing in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Marchand took one of his runs at a player just before th end of his shift, lost the battle, hit the boards, messed up his shoulder and saw a few butterflies.

I see nothing wrong with that play on either player’s end.

It's clear as day that Bennet pretended to shove with his left hand, while unloading with his right hand at Marchand's head...he did the exact same thing to Knies.

You don't need to play dirty to keep playing in the playoffs...I don't like Marchand either...last year Bennett took out Knies, this year Marchand...maybe he'll take out another guy next round, and the next if Florida gets there...next year, maybe he'll take out Matthews...I'm all for physical play, but players like Bennett is not the kind of player the NHL needs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's clear as day that Bennet pretended to shove with his left hand, while unloading with his right hand at Marchand's head...he did the exact same thing to Knies.

You don't need to play dirty to keep playing in the playoffs...I don't like Marchand either...last year Bennett took out Knies, this year Marchand...maybe he'll take out another guy next round, and the next if Florida gets there...next year, maybe he'll take out Matthews...I'm all for physical play, but players like Bennett is not the kind of player the NHL needs.
He gave a little jab with his right hand, not much too it though.

I’d much rather watch guys like Bennett and Marchand battle it out than watch Mitchy Marner figure skating.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
okay since this is a good time to bring it up, anyone remember when Marchand elbowed Bertuzzi on a hit in the 1st round? I didn't understand why no one talked about it or why there wasn't discussion of a fine/suspension. Does anyone remember it/have a gif?

Reactions: saffronleaf

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
How the f*** has nobody taken out Bennett. Guys a f***ing scum pos. Everyone should have the green light to take him out in any way possible.

Reactions: Burnie97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad