Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Refs in the Nucks game are absolute trash. McDavid flopping all over the place
Bouchard with his cross eyed dumb face I can't even look at it. He should get 2 minutes for cross eye not cross checking

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
I hope there isn't anyone left from the "Leafs face Vezina goaltending every series" camp.

Florida is crashing the net and shooting HIGH on Swayman, two things we failed to do. Same thing last year vs Bob. Needed to shoot high but never adjusted as usual. Vegas then lit him up like a Christmas tree in the finals.

Leafs always beat themselves.

You'd think they would scout rival goalies the same way they scouted and subsequently figured out Vasilevsky.

Refs in the Nucks game are absolute trash. McDavid flopping all over the place
Bouchard with his cross eyed dumb face I can't even look at it. He should get 2 minutes for cross eye not cross checking

Every game I watch a boatload of penalties are called. In every one of our playoff series, we always seem to be playing the most disciplined teams in the league. The other night, the Canes - Rags game had a parade to the box.

Reactions: HolyCrap

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Oilers Canucks going into overtime.

Oilers dominated the 3rd period. They should win this game in OT the way they have been playing.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
McDavid and Drai doing what we wished our best players could do. Come up big and carry the team when the playoffs come around and we need them the most. :( If our core could play like these two and Hyman in the playoffs then paying our guys max money wouldn't be as big a deal as it is now.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Watched this game live.
McD and Drai were getting pounded by the big D every time they are in the corner or board battle.

None of the Oilers are shy away from board battles and 50/50 puck battles.

Also, McD is insanely good. Esp in the second half of the game while he adjusted to the length of the Nucks Dmen. He just kept finding room by creating room and making quick pass or find a line and skate. The closest player that we have that can do that is Willie and he is about 75% at best of what McD did.

Our top guys need to lead the charge and just battle, and I am 100% the rest of the team will follow

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Bouchard just throwing a puck towards the net and Cole tips it into his own net.

So many big goals in the playoffs are just total greasy plays.

Point shots, deflections, banging in rebounds.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
NHL Career playoffs points per game:

1000018804.png

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Watched this game live.
McD and Drai were getting pounded by the big D every time they are in the corner or board battle.

None of the Oilers are shy away from board battles and 50/50 puck battles.

Also, McD is insanely good. Esp in the second half of the game while he adjusted to the length of the Nucks Dmen. He just kept finding room by creating room and making quick pass or find a line and skate. The closest player that we have that can do that is Willie and he is about 75% at best of what McD did.

Our top guys need to lead the charge and just battle, and I am 100% the rest of the team will follow
They won’t. 8 years I don’t know how much more evidence is required. Maybe you can get one or two on board, but when the core is made up of all the soft skill, it’s unlikely.

Matthews has the big frame and with the right compliments could do as you suggest. Nylander while not consistent in that department is still able to score goals. We need to change out the other 2 and perhaps we can achieve what you suggest.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
No, those teams have fans that are also sick of their shit. Boston fans were losing their mind once the series was tied 3-3.

Canes fans are already turning on Rod.

It’s nothing like the TO market. Media here complains or whines when the leafs have 100 pt seasons

Please let the Canes fire their coach..he is one of the few that may be a upgrade on Keef

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Connor McDavid has 17 points in 7 playoff games this year

Leon Draisaitl has 16 points in 7 playoff games this year

I will never put Matthews over Drai again

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Connor McDavid has 17 points in 7 playoff games this year

Leon Draisaitl has 16 points in 7 playoff games this year

I will never put Matthews over Drai again
I was surprised Drai has more playoff points than McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad