Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Holy shit the playoffs are fast paced. We got 1 Nylander with his skating, looks like multiple Nylanders flying out there for both teams. I can understand watching this game why Marner and Matthews haven't found a lot of success in this format over the last few years.

And we haven't been getting goalied either. This is just the standard now.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020
Holy shit the playoffs are fast paced. We got 1 Nylander with his skating, looks like multiple Nylanders flying out there for both teams. I can understand watching this game why Marner and Matthews haven't found a lot of success in this format over the last few years.

And we haven't been getting goalied either. This is just the standard now.

Imagine JT in a game like this :laugh:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
What a player Sebastian Aho is...and what a big miss by the Leafs drafting Dermott instead of him...Aho was really the glue of the 3 Finns in that draft.

Playoff stats (not including 3 more assists tonight):

GP G A PTS

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3blizzard4

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Unfortunately one of our highest paid players did not feel the need to play gritty. Case in point: Swayman giveaway should have been a wraparound but the fear of being Sheifled and self-preservation trumped the team.

Guentzel with the POS cheap shot.
I don't like Marners grit, but that wraparound is a shitty way to show it.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
You mean teams actually score more than 2 goals in the playoffs? :sarcasm:
But coach said playoffs should be gritty 1-2 goal affairs. If the burke days of tenacity and grit and pugnacity were the worst since he was replaced it's fair to say started from the bottom and now we here back. Not everyone will get the song reference. Idk what ppl listen to anymore.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
But coach said playoffs should be gritty 1-2 goal affairs. If the burke days of tenacity and grit and pugnacity were the worst since he was replaced it's fair to say started from the bottom and now we here back. Not everyone will get the song reference. Idk what ppl listen to anymore.

Ever since Keefe's comment about the handshake line, I have a deep interest in Aretha Franklin's song "Respect"...I could even spell the word now...R-E-S-P-E-C-T...:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: ruaware41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad