Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
It's funny that you say "to be exact" after saying something that isn't true.

He didn't spend a "long time" in the AHL and ECHL with the Bruins. He spent the '21-'22 season split between the ECHL and the AHL (scoring at over a point-per-game in ECHL) then last year he played in the AHL and scored 18-goals. This year, he played in the NHL only.
2023-24 season (this year) Justin Brazeau played 49 games in Providence and 19 games with Bruins. It's really easy to look up.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's funny that you say "to be exact" after saying something that isn't true.

He didn't spend a "long time" in the AHL and ECHL with the Bruins. He spent the '21-'22 season split between the ECHL and the AHL (scoring at over a point-per-game in ECHL) then last year he played in the AHL and scored 18-goals. This year, he played in the NHL only.

Ya, no.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I dunno how you guys can watch the remaining games. As a diehard Leaf fan, I deeply hate the other 31 teams in this league. I'd prefer a Canadian team not win the Cup. If the Cup comes back to Canada it has to be the Leafs to bring it. I despise the other Canadian teams more than any other American teams except Boston and the two Florida teams.

I agree. I even find McDavid incredibly unlikeable and have no love for Zach "Nobody Believed in Me" Hyman.
I understand your frustration and I tend to agree. However, I like watching hockey and it's easier for me to watch the game if I pick a side. That choice usually ends up being the club that has a decent fan base - I f***ing hate these clubs with fans that crawl out of the woodwork once their club makes the playoffs - or has offended me the least. Tough choices all around I know.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Pearl Jam was playing in Van Monday night, but I don't know why they didn't start tonight.
Avs and Dallas are playing tonight, so I get why they would start that series.

I can’t see many watching the Edmonton series anyway and since their obligated to air the games, I understand the odd ball hours.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I dunno how you guys can watch the remaining games. As a diehard Leaf fan, I deeply hate the other 31 teams in this league. I'd prefer a Canadian team not win the Cup. If the Cup comes back to Canada it has to be the Leafs to bring it. I despise the other Canadian teams more than any other American teams except Boston and the two Florida teams.
agreed. downstream from the all the misery of watching the Leafs get bounced is knowing I won't be able to muster the interest in watching any remaining series. like I tuned into game 1 of canes-rags and saw 2 goals in 2 mins and even that couldn't keep me interested

weems

Jul 3, 2008
San Jose getting Celebrini?

Screenshot (1419).png

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Watching this Carolina /NYR makes it pretty clear you need guys to play gritty and not necessarily gritty players.

Also helps to get some offense from the backend. All 4 guys came from a D or shot from the point.
Unfortunately one of our highest paid players did not feel the need to play gritty. Case in point: Swayman giveaway should have been a wraparound but the fear of being Sheifled and self-preservation trumped the team.

Guentzel with the POS cheap shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad