Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It’s his second playoff and yes he is still young. But no amount of experience will fix his skating. Or his dumbass penalties which are a feature of his game, not a bug.

Posters calling him an elite first line winger definitely were overrating him.
Oh right, second playoffs

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
What do you guys think about Cassie Campbell?

I honestly feel she has a ton of knowledge about the sport, does a good job as a sportscaster.
But as a broadcaster, I think it's just hard to listen to her.
While I would like to be completely unbiased about the fact it's probably due to her voice, but it's mostly the fact I don't get that excitement feeling when I watch a game she is color commentating.
I think overall she has done a great job for what she is given, but I just don't feel it

She would be an amazing sports journalist as she has the knowledge however she seems super awkward as a color commentator. Often way off in her assessment or unable to read whats going on in real-time. Also like Craig Simpsons....often resorts to over-using the cliches.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Rather pick 10th then have what happened to Calgary legit.

They had huge expectations this year, more than other years.

Tampa was an anomaly imo

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Drop those two down a spot and pick up peak Jokinen, they wouldve been great offensively.

Keep in mind I was living in Calgary from 2006-2010 for school, so I knew what the Flames were doing or trying to do at that time. I heard all the 'Iginla needs a centre, Phaneuf will win the Norris, Kipper will lead us to glory' talk...

There were Lecavalier rumors of him going to Calgary and being that game breaking centre, but that never really materialized. Daryl Sutter was managing the Flames like it was back in the clutch and grab era.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I went to CP just to see what they have been saying. (Most recent page, and posts)

"I hope this is Bennett's last game as a Flame."

The guy leads the flames in playoff points.

I believe this is mike Smith’s last nhl game.

The guy has probably been the best player period for the flames all series.

Post after post like this, ridiculous.

Reactions: Indiana

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Keep in mind I was living in Calgary from 2006-2010 for school, so I knew what the Flames were doing or trying to do at that time. I heard all the 'Iginla needs a centre, Phaneuf will win the Norris, Kipper will lead us to glory' talk...

There were Lecavalier rumors of him going to Calgary and being that game breaking centre, but that never really materialized. Daryl Sutter was managing the Flames like it was back in the clutch and grab era.
Phaneuf went downhill after his rookie season. kipper I felt was underrated for some seasons. Iginla deserved better linemates but he didnt play with the plugs Horvat did this season.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Can't believe MacKinnon is only making $6.3M. I guess he flat-lined for a couple years there which allowed Colorado to get him on a cheaper deal. Pretty crazy value for 100 point center.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Honestly tho, what do the flames do here?

Do they blow up the main core?.

It's not like they have some amazing prospect pool they can count on moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad