Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
So he has an addiction but it’s to performance enhancing drugs?

Why would you be placed in assistance for drug testing that would only be testing for PEDS. Pretty sure if they had a coke test before games teams wouldn’t be able to field rosters.
I don’t think it’s PEDs. I believe this is different than the twice a year testing all players face in the NHL which is solely concentrated on performance enhancers and NOT illicit drugs.

I think this is more like a person on parole having random drug tests to prove they remain clean. I would imagine that is part of the stage 2 treatment plan that he appears to have violated.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Even back in the summer of 2011 if I had 100 ‘hate points’ to give out in the wake of what happened in that Finals I would have given about 3 of them to Marchand and the Bruins players and 97 of them to Colin Campbell, Brian Burke, the NHL, the DOPS, the Edmonton/Toronto media, and the people involved in the general corruption that happened in that series.

Marchand is just a rat doing rat things. These guys like Tikkanen and Claude Lemieux and Marchand have been around forever. They’re just hockey players seeing what they can get away with. Every team has them, we had them, it’s still ‘real’ hockey stuff even if it’s dirty and annoying. I didn’t really care that much then and I definitely don’t care at all now.

And 13 years later when you have weird shit happening and I hear Gregory/Colin Campbell’s names … that’s on a whole other level of anger than I’ll ever feel for Brad Marchand.

punching daniel, well fine. i mean if no one is going to do anything about it, canucks jersey or striped sweater, fair enough.

but don’t forget that that scrum started because he had gone low, after daniel’s knees. and we know from the salo low bridge the next year that this wasn’t an accident.

there’s a difference between a pest and a rat.

f*** him

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
The fact that that situation was buried as quickly as it was is baffling.

Like - police are called to his room, find team staff already there and a distressed Ukrainian prostitute who is possibly a victim of human trafficking, and Nichushkin was heavily inebriated.

Aaaaaand we never hear anything about it again other than Nichushkin missing time while in the player assistance program - and then again now, when he appears to have violated its terms.

stuff like that gets covered up all the time when it involves pro athletes. the only thing that makes the nichushkin situation different is that the team physician called the police and the media picked up on it. the physician was fired by the team shortly after the whole thing happened

it seems incredibly punitive to me that you face suspension for seeking assistance from the league. the nhl doesn't test for recreational drugs at all and when it does pick up on it there's no mandatory reporting or any kind of punishment. this will just discourage players from entering the program

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Glad to see it. Rangers were in need of some humbling.
I always enjoy watching the Rangers lose. Especially liked Trouba coughing up the puck for the third goal.

Last season, Carolina got swept by Florida in four one-goal games including two in OT. Lost the first three to the Rangers all by one goal including two in OT. They're not going to keep pulling the short straw like that forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad