Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
That's a huge blow to the Avs, he had 9 goals in 8 playoff games while logging 20-23 mins a night.

He scored in 7 of those 8 games too

Reactions: BimJenning

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
Yeah the thing from last year wasn't just gonna disappear forever despite how well he was playing, so I'm not surprised at this. Dude obviously has some major issues and it couldn't just be swept under the rug forever.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
You the thing from last year wasn't just gonna disappear forever despite how well he was playing, so I'm not surprised at this. Dude obviously has some major issues and it couldn't just be swept under the rug forever.

The fact that that situation was buried as quickly as it was is baffling.

Like - police are called to his room, find team staff already there and a distressed Ukrainian prostitute who is possibly a victim of human trafficking, and Nichushkin was heavily inebriated.

Aaaaaand we never hear anything about it again other than Nichushkin missing time while in the player assistance program - and then again now, when he appears to have violated its terms.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
This will be a mess for Colorado. Even with a PA suspension, would they have the right to terminate his contract? To me it seems like player protection is part of the reason the program exists.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I don't know much about Nichuskin but I feel for anyone living with addiction.

Basically he must have shown up to a team thing in a state that forced someone to report him in violation of the terms of the player assistance program.

Reactions: quat

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I find it mildly amusing that, our series with Oilers had united some Canadian hockey fans from various other teams to support...us?

I mean it's not that much support but still, it's something I was not quite expecting.

Enjoy it while it lasts, we're still the plucky underdogs, but if Allvin does his job properly, we'll be hated by everyone in a season or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad