Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I completely missed the storyline with Sutherland screwing over the Bruins, that almost makes me forgive him after our game lmao

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Is it wrong that I feel Marchand deserved that cheap shot?

in the rich tradition of other guys who had recently ended their careers here as clowns: brad may, matt cooke, brent sopel, and michael delzaster
May and Sopel weren't clowns.

How did Bruins get screwed?

With the amount of dangerous low bridges and slew foots that idiot gave out in his career....this is just karma.

Thank you Bennett.

Reactions: vanuck

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
i dont want to cheer for an injury, but man does that feel good, Bruins doesn't belong in the playoffs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Is it wrong that I feel Marchand deserved that cheap shot?

May and Sopel weren't clowns.

With the amount of dangerous low bridges and slew foots that idiot gave out in his career....this is just karma.

Thank you Bennett.
Man, that was a sly punch by Bennett. NHL let that go upon getting a shot of that punch afterwards?
And on a Boston player too?

So literally no clue on how the nhl operates now in both DOPS and On Reviews.

Reactions: BimJenning and quat

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
in the rich tradition of other guys who had recently ended their careers here as clowns: brad may, matt cooke, brent sopel, and michael delzaster

Am I misremembering something? May was reasonable enough in his 4th line tough guy role in his last stint here.

(Also think Sopel's inclusion is a bit unfair - he was about as serviceable a defensemen you could hope for as a trade deadline acquisition in 2007, although he hadn't yet completed his transition from offensive defensemen to defensive rock that would see him win a Cup with Chicago)

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Just saw the replay on Bennet's goal - I have zero clue how that wasn't reversed. I don't know what you're supposed to challenge on goalie intereference if that's not going to be reversed.
It's a strange one but I don't think Coyle was actually hit as hard as he made it seem. It was a slight push and he went flying. I honestly don't think that was a penalty nor did the officials. So in that case, there is no infraction and it's treated like Coyle jumped on his goalie on his own accord.

Last edited:
Reactions: quat

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
clowns.

Thank you Bennett.

Am I misremembering something? May was reasonable enough in his 4th line tough guy role in his last stint here.

(Also think Sopel's inclusion is a bit unfair - he was about as serviceable a defensemen you could hope for as a trade deadline acquisition in 2007, although he hadn't yet completed his transition from offensive defensemen to defensive rock that would see him win a Cup with Chicago)

other than mdz, all those guys had been good to very good contributors. but by the tome they left, i think cooke was probably actually the most lamented one.

my memory is sopel was one of the most maligned regular dmen we’d ever had in the last years of his first stint here. in his second stint he wasn’t the player he had been, but was still as defensively sloppy and a giveaway machine.

and may was iirc the subject of an active lawsuit for putting the bounty on steve moore at the end of his second tour here.

cooke i think was looked on in general to be a good, albeit declining, pest. the dirty injuring guys cooke came after he left, i think.

but when they won cups i think with all three guys we were like, what? we are getting bounced in the second round and those guys are cup winners? does not compute

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Amazing that it was on a Bruin and no discipline from the NHL for a punch to the head. The original angle you are left wondering why Marchand is hurt, then you see that angle and you understand why.
Probably a concussion, his nose likely took the brunt. I hate that rat f***er, all the dirty shit he's done over the years he deserves everything he gets.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just learned that Gregor Campbell is a Panthers' AGM. Hmmmmmmmm.

Are you f***ing serious?

Oh my God, you are.

I hate Marchand with a fire of a thousand burning suns, but the NHL calling Bennett’s play on him a hockey play is laughable.

And no clue how that goalie interference goal stood up.

Well…I have a clue now. Daddy paving the way for his boy once again. At least it’s at the expense of Boston (for now…)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad