Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Bruins fans are in such hard denial over Marchand being a rat lol. They think the league is trying to "keep them down" lmao. I don't know if there's a current player that's dived more than him in the entire league but now apparently the league is against the Bruins because "they're stomping the rest of the league". For some reason the league wants to "take them down" by suspending a saint like Marchand.

That's basically how their board read right now lol

He's a rat and this bruin fan loves it. I would venture to guess most bruins fans could care less.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
If any Bruins fans claims he did that by accident I will be shocked because that looked on purpose.
It's just not a very natural reaction from Marchard. Why jump INTO the player and why wrap your hands and stick around the guys face and hold on as you both go down. What a POS this guy is. The only thing separating him from guys like cooke is that he's lucky to have not ended someones career already. Some people think that stuff is excusable because he scores goals... IMO that just gives Bruins fans an excuse to ignore how much of an idiot the guy acts like.

I know Kadri can be a little ratty but I don't think I'm crazy in laughing at people who say " well what about Kadri" when I'm critical about Marchand. I've watched Marchand when he was in Junior, he hasn't really changed. He goes over the line on purpose hoping he dosen't get called where as Kadri seems to cross that line more out of anger or frustration than purposeful intent to injure.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Well, the worst case scenario happened. Bruins won all of their games while we are idle. I really wanted to start at home, you know. I think it's more important for a young team to have more home games in a series.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
He's a rat and this bruin fan loves it. I would venture to guess most bruins fans could care less.
Edited for being too much of a ****

I don't think I expected anything different. The logo on the front of the jersey tends to change your priorities about players. Bruins fans love his scoring, the rest of the league hates his guts for diving, elbows, slewfoots, low bridge hits....

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well, the worst case scenario happened. Bruins won all of their games while we are idle. I really wanted to start at home, you know. I think it's more important for a young team to have more home games in a series.
What about those who say if a young team with little playoff experience despite making them last years starts at home and loses Game 1, won't that have much more negative impact the remainder of the series?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What about those who say if a young team with little playoff experience despite making them last years starts at home and loses Game 1, won't that have much more negative impact the remainder of the series?

It could, but I will take my chances. I would want game 7 at home. I'd feel much more confident. But it is fun to think about the Leafs-Bruins series going 7 games and Leafs winning game 7 @ Boston. I know most of the players on the Leafs are different than 5 years ago, but it would mean so much for the fans. Just imagine that for a second.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It could, but I will take my chances. I would want game 7 at home. I'd feel much more confident. But it is fun to think about the Leafs-Bruins series going 7 games and Leafs winning game 7 @ Boston. I know most of the players on the Leafs are different than 5 years ago, but it would mean so much for the fans. Just imagine that for a second.
I always have said the one last thing the Leafs need to do is winning a potential Game 7 in Boston for everyone to stop brining up what happened in 2013. Prior to that I thought things changed for the better when Shanahan took over and got rid of the Harold Ballard era Leafs logo, brought back Dave Keon and retired all the numbers which were previously honored. So that's what I mean when I say the Leafs have one last thing to do.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Also, I was gonna say "Winnipeg fans are insufferable right now" or even Laine fans, naw, just leaf haters. I look forward to that inevitable sinking feeling when their team gets eliminated.

It's annoying, makes it hard to appreciate Laine but have to hand it to the kid, he's just an elite goal scorer and fun to watch. That doesn't change how we feel about taking Matthews obviously he is our franchise, just annoying every thread about either of them has to turn into a pissing match.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's annoying, makes it hard to appreciate Laine but have to hand it to the kid, he's just an elite goal scorer and fun to watch. That doesn't change how we feel about taking Matthews obviously he is our franchise, just annoying every thread about either of them has to turn into a pissing match.
I just can't stand comments like Laine scoring 40 makes him the best player selected in 2016, although maybe that's a troll reply to get Leafs fans on board to argue and start that debate all over again.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

member 262271

Agreed, it reminds me of a joke, one that got old LAST SEASON. I didn't gloat when Laine missed time and Matthews won the Calder, it could've went either way with both healthy. And to clarify, I don't think the jets will be one and done in the playoffs, I was moreso thinking of any leaf hater and how their team probably sucks or will get eliminated. As a hockey fan, my motto is stay humble, cause your bragging rights evaporate pretty damned quick.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I just can't stand comments like Laine scoring 40 makes him the best player selected in 2016, although maybe that's a troll reply to get Leafs fans on board to argue and start that debate all over again.

Oh I'm sure it is. Same people that complain about there being too many Leaf threads on the main boards are the first to post about Matthews in a Laine thread.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
As a hockey fan, my motto is stay humble, cause your bragging rights evaporate pretty damned quick.

Exactly. I think we've seen anything and everything can happen, no sense making stupid garuantees on a message board for people to bring up later. Some people just can't accept that both fanbases can be happy with what they have regardless of how the other performs.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Agreed, it reminds me of a joke, one that got old LAST SEASON. I didn't gloat when Laine missed time and Matthews won the Calder, it could've went either way with both healthy. And to clarify, I don't think the jets will be one and done in the playoffs, I was moreso thinking of any leaf hater and how their team probably sucks or will get eliminated. As a hockey fan, my motto is stay humble, cause your bragging rights evaporate pretty damned quick.
My main problem with that is this. Last season when Laine got injured all his fans were defending him by saying Matthews got lucky because Laine would have ended up scoring more goals and winning the Calder Trophy. So basically it wasn't fair since he didn't get to play all 82 games. However this season it's the opposite and god for bid a Leafs fans uses the same excuse they did, we always get chewed to pieces by the Laine fans. In the end why is it ok for them to use Laine's concussion as an excuse and Leafs fans can't do the same with Matthews injury? Not that we have a reason to do that, I just think it's more of a matter of principal.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Oh I'm sure it is. Same people that complain about there being too many Leaf threads on the main boards are the first to post about Matthews in a Laine thread.
I'm not going to say who this was however on the main boards in the topic about Laine scoring 40 goals, there is a certain poster who first mentioned how Laine is the best player selected in the 2016 draft. It was the 6th reply to the topic and no one had brought that up until it was mentioned.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I'm not going to say who this was however on the main boards in the topic about Laine scoring 40 goals, there is a certain poster who first mentioned how Laine is the best player selected in the 2016 draft. It was the 6th reply to the topic and no one had brought that up until it was mentioned.

lol I seen it. He just throws that tasty post out there and disappears from the thread. Almost like he was looking for a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad