GDT: Around the League | Free Agent Frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
What on earth. They basically have too much cap space and are just giving absurd retirement bonus contracts to veterans to help out Bedard, and traded positive value for the negative value Hall contract.

This sport is so weird sometimes.
They'd probably be stupid enough to trade positive assets for Boeser without retention at this rate. Show them a well oiled Myers and they'll send over a 3rd lol. So silly.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Chicago just trying to f*** up the market for free agents, or what?

I think the Canucks are going to try to land both Carson Soucy and Ian Cole. 3 years for Soucy, 2 for Cole, in the $2.5-$3M per range.

Wouldn’t be shocked if they offered Stecher a 1-year deal in the $1M to $1.25M range as well.

Could also see them targeting Nick Bjugstad at Center.

Reactions: mossey3535

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Nylander smoke seems real. Either that or Treliving himself is leaking the rumours to show Nylander that he’ll trade him if he doesn’t take a team-friendly deal.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
That's bizarre. I don't know what kind, if any, value Perry would have but basically means they can't look at trading him to a playoff team at the deadline if they wanted.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I think they'll give JT Compher the Loui Eriksson contract. And then with the limited cap space sign one of Cole or Schenn. And also bring back Tryamkin.

Reactions: dez

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If anything, they could have done a 1x10MM to ROR or something. Then retained him at the deadline 50% and taken back a Boeser type dump. You get to have a matchup C to take pressure off Bedard. Two wingers at those tickets… ??

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
You can't blame the player he didn't draft himself. Hughes was in a difficult spot. Word was Michkov told Montreal and Arizona he wasn't interested in playing in either cities so I guess Hughes had to choose between Reinbacher and Leonard and he went with the dman.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Wait, I was not following, what did the scouts ask?

I'm so confused lol.
Something about following orders and shooting his soldiers/ teammates. Anyone recall better than me? He said he was super uncomfortable with the questions

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He is Austrian. And the MTL scouts asked that bizarre war question.

He did say specifically that Montreal didn’t ask that question and they asked him normal questions. Also, I think it was an agent I was listening to relayed the same story but had no connection to Reinbacher. So whichever team is doing this has been going it for a while.

Edit: Shit it was Kent Hughes!! He said yesterday that he sat in on that question with one of his clients. So the Canadiens 100% didn’t ask him that.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Wait, I was not following, what did the scouts ask?

I'm so confused lol.

Something about following orders and shooting his soldiers/ teammates. Anyone recall better than me? He said he was super uncomfortable with the questions

From here but there’s also video.

It's World War II and you're the captain of a boat and you have to bomb an enemy boat, but teammates are swimming in the ocean. I said, 'No, I wouldn't do it because I want to save my teammates.' I'm like, 'Look, guys, I don't do it because they are my teammates so I wouldn't kill my teammates.' They were like, 'You have to do it. It's an order.' I was like, 'No, I won't do it.' So, it was kind of not the best thing to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad