Around the League 43: Playoff Time- Goodbye Buffalo, Goodbye Yzerplan. And Goodbye Yotes, Welcome Utah.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
so, are we all pulling for a florida - dallas finals? a nice sunbelt series, yeah? (with a dallas win - sorry mo)

or are we on board for vancouver being the one to break the non-canada streak?

for the conspiracy theorists, somehow the nhl will find a way to have a 2011 rematch. should fit well with the vancouver riots 30 for 30!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
so, are we all pulling for a florida - dallas finals? a nice sunbelt series, yeah? (with a dallas win - sorry mo)

for the conspiracy theorists, somehow the nhl will find a way to have a 2011 rematch. should fit well with the vancouver riots 30 for 30!
Is there a chance for the wild card chaos squad finals?

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017

FLA-DAL with DAL win is what I'm hoping for.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Well it’s gonna be a big time disappointment for either the rangers or panthers whoever loses. Third round loss won’t be acceptable for either team but I guess it’s better than going out in the second like Carolina. I think Florida is a better team then the rangers imo probably comes down to which goalie is better

Reactions: WreckingCrew

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I really thought it was coming this year. Zacha and Coyle? Figured they were fighting to avoid a lottery pick.

To be honest I thought it was last year when Cassidy got fired but Bergeron came back, and to my surprise they set records.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they were a playoff team again next year, and I also wouldn't.

Reactions: bleedgreen

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Should be a fun series, though I think the Rangers take it. Bob looks beatable this year, and as long as the Rangers average more than 20 shots a game, they’ll find more success than Boston.

Still think whoever comes out of the Dallas/Colorado series wins it all though.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Also, Barkov is crazy good. Like, he’s obviously going to win the Selke, but he’s taken that defensive play to another level in these playoffs. Had a game-winning block on a wide open net just a few minutes before Forsling scored.
Barkov was main one at fault on Zacha’s goal at the end of the first IMO though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Barkov was main one at fault on Zacha’s goal at the end of the first IMO though.

Maybe partially, but I’d say the main fault was Forsling and Ekblad both collapsing along the boards. When Zacha started skating down the ice, there was literally 150 ft of clear ice between him and Bob.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't know when it's coming, but at some point they are going to have one very painful rebuild. Aging vets and a bottom 5 prospect pool.

Boston isn't a very old team outside of Marchand, and he definitely seems like he has a few good seasons left. They still have that Pastrnak/McAvoy/Swayman core group all in their mid-to-late 20s, with Swayman being a window-extender. They were somewhat cap-strapped to make a center upgrade this season but they found great value with Geekie on the non-tender market, the Bergeron/Krejci 35+ bonuses expire, and they should have room to trade or sign a good center this offseason if they trade Ullmark.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad