Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Then call them the Scorpions, not Venom. Also, is there any connection at all between Utah and Yeti's? Like I could see a Canadian or cold-climate team being Yeti's, but f***ing Utah?
Yetis is moronic, agreed. I also don't like the Venom much, but would go for Scorpions.

As I said then those names first came out, I think they're all f***ing stupid and they need to go without a name for a year if those are the choices.

Canyons would be my pick, but I guess it's not memey enough for folks here.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I will do everything within my powers to make them regret it if they adopt the name Scorpions.

scorpions.jpg

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Then call them the Scorpions, not Venom. Also, is there any connection at all between Utah and Yeti's? Like I could see a Canadian or cold-climate team being Yeti's, but f***ing Utah?
You do realize that they held the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City in 2002, right? And that they plan to do it again in 2034? You can talk a lot of smack about Utah, but their winter sports bona fides are legit.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Do we have any idea of this is actually the team buying the names or people buying them so they can make money selling them to the team?
I think I saw a piece of reporting mentioning private person's name in a fashion that the said person might be a well-known trademark troll. This is my belief at this time. Team obviously wouldn't trademark half a dozen names they know they aren't going to use.

Also, trademarked only a couple of days ago. The team organization would have done theirs a good while before.

Them Uytes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad