Around the League 31: when's the last time last years finialist finished dead f***ing last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Hey all, Flyers fan popping in. FYI: Rod Brindamour is one of my all time favorite Flyers so I hope you guys win the Cup this year. If you don't mind, I'll be stopping by from time to time. I miss having a competent NHL franchise to root for.

Come on in and grab a seat. The ride will be bumpy at times but Holy s#!+ what a ride.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hey all, Flyers fan popping in. FYI: Rod Brindamour is one of my all time favorite Flyers so I hope you guys win the Cup this year. If you don't mind, I'll be stopping by from time to time. I miss having a competent NHL franchise to root for.

Welcome. Some words of advice.

1) Every thread is a food thread, even though there is a dedicated food thread as well.
2) Mustard BBQ sauce is NOT South Carolina BBQ sauce.
2b) Don't get into a "my favorite BBQ" debate. Never ends well.
3) GDTs require as minimal effort as possible.
4) Don't get attached to any players because our management has shown they can, and will move on if the player becomes too expensive.
4b) You can fall in love with Svechnikov, as he is signed for 7 years.
5) Slavin > Provorov. Arguing otherwise on this forum will likely get you banned.
6) Your advice on cheesesteaks (or any Philly food) is always welcome.
7) Wawa is definitely better than Sheetz, but don't rub our noses in it.
8) All debates that can't get settled online must be settled behind the nearest Bojangles.

Enjoy your stay.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

1) Every thread is a food thread, even though there is a dedicated food thread as well.
4) Don't get attached to any players because our management has shown they can, and will move on if the player becomes too expensive.
5) Slavin > Provorov. Arguing otherwise on this forum will likely get you banned.
8) All debates that can't get settled online must be settled behind the nearest Bojangles.

Enjoy your stay.

Edit #8 the nearest Bojangles is somewhere in Raleigh. Saying you can't make it is like saying you would fight someone but your mom won't let you miss dinner.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Philly needs more fans like you. Hopefully if I’m ever at Wells Fargo I’m seated near you instead of the usual hostile beer-tossing crew :thumbu::laugh:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Enjoy your stay.
I know all about good bbq, I live just outside of Jacksonville Fl, Carolina sauce is one of my two rib go to’s along with Memphis. Sadly though, finding a good cheesesteak once you get about 50 miles or so outside of Philly is pretty much impossible.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Also, I think we can all agree on the following:

The Penguins suck
and
The Rangers are the spawn of Satan

Well to be honest we kinda lost some contempt for the Rags when we swept them in the play in series.

But agree about the Pens. Im originally from Cleveland so I double hate anything Pittspuke

Reactions: DaveG and BiggE

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Promise me you guys never make a main board thread about an obvious goalie interference call. Holy f*** that was as cut and dry GI as it gets and the Rangers fans showing their ass on the MB is on another level.

TERRIBLE CALL! Talbot clearly grabs Strome's stick with his skate and pulls it into the crease in order to get a call. GOOD GOAL!

rags goal 1.jpg

rags goal 2.jpg

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I grew up in Philly so NY hate is in my blood. Pittsburgh though is a close second on my hate list.

I lived in King of Prussia for about a year when I worked for Ford Motor Co. in Lansdale PA. I spent a lot of time in the city back then. This was long ago though, back when buildings weren't any taller than William Penn. I was also there for the "Move" incident where the mayor bombed their row house and burnt down a bunch of them. I was actually in a cab on the way back from the airport to King of Prussia when it happened and the cabbie had to take a different route.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I know all about good bbq

Go on...

I live just outside of Jacksonville Fl, Carolina sauce is one of my two rib go to’s along with Memphis.

Nope. Barbecue is whole pig, roasted in a fire pit in the ground, chopped fine and served with a peppery vinegar sauce, or maybe some kind of ketchup or mustard shit if you weren't raised right.

We don't know what "bbq" is, actually. I guess that's a rib specific thing, or maybe a backyard activity of some kind.

We're delighted to have you here despite your obvious and understandable ignorance.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
I dislike all other Metro teams equally but this was a terrible call. Rags got wrung on this one. No way I’d want to be the one wearing a Wild jersey trying to get out of the Garden. Nobody’s fault but the refs.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Understand that the beer tossers aren’t angry at you, rather they’re angry with the incompetent buffoons that have been running our team for over a decade.
Understood. I know they are as passionate as they come. Now, the dude wearing a Crosby jersey and a Dallas Cowboys hat to the Flyers/Devils game is asking for problems :nod:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Been to Philly a couple time, cool city. (Except for my poor decision to spend the night at the train station after a concert.)

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

Enjoy your stay.

YES STORMY IS A PIG...don't tell him about the bbq thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad