Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Letang turns 37 next week, Crosby will be 37 next season and Malkin will be 38.

They’re done.

Will be interesting to see if Dubas makes some panic moves this summer.
I'm most interested to see if Crosby is going to ride his career into the sunset on a declining Penguins team, or will perhaps seek a trade to a contending team.

I'm all for and about seeing franchise legends beginning and ending their careers with the one team that drafted them. But as a hockey fan, it would also suck to see one of the all-time greats end off his career on a team that will merely be a season's footnote and not sniff the playoffs again before he retires in the next however many years.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Not sure if this is already the case, but the all the pre-Arizona team records should revert back to the current Jets franchise. ie...Teemu Selanne's 76 goals. And the current Jets/Coyotes "honoured" numbers (7, 10, and 27 - Hawerchuk, Tkachuk, and Numminen) should be retired by the Jets, along with the current #s of Bobby Hull and Thomas Steen, and not included as part of the move to SLC. Shane Doan? All theirs. Nothing against Salt Lake, but they can have the Yotes records. The Jets stuff? Lets put it back where it belongs. If the franchise had come back with a different name, it would be different. But the owners chose to honour the legacy of the name to the city. I think that's important. Oh...and the Thrashers records can just stand on their own.

What Thrashers records?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I'm most interested to see if Crosby is going to ride his career into the sunset on a declining Penguins team, or will perhaps seek a trade to a contending team.

I'm all for and about seeing franchise legends beginning and ending their careers with the one team that drafted them. But as a hockey fan, it would also suck to see one of the all-time greats end off his career on a team that will merely be a season's footnote and not sniff the playoffs again before he retires in the next however many years.
I think he he could sign yearly deals or a two year deal to start so he sees what directions the Pens are going in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad