GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah well, according to Jason Gregor, Tanev wasn't considered as an upgrade over Ceci. Lmfao.
According to Gregor no one was an upgrade on f***in Ceci. Cody The Irreplaceable Ceci.

Oh and he’s still barking up that tree. Heard him respond to a text on his show criticizing Ceci. And his response was “did Ceci cost us a loss last game? Kulak-Ceci was our best pair you could say”

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Chiarelli’s free agent signings and trades were franchise killers

If you could combine his drafting and Holland’s UFA / trading (for this exercise we include the bad ones unfortunately), you’d have a half decent GM
The saddest thing for me though is that the Oilers had all the time in the world to find a suitable GM after firing Chiarelli, but Bob Nicholson just had to f***ing hire a guy who he had a connection with in Hockey Canada. Same guy who was about to retire until his phone got lit up by Nicholson. Imagine how different this team would've been if GMed by somebody like Zito or McCrimmon. I don't know who our next GM is, but the organization NEEDS to spend the proper time interviewing rather than take the apparent Mark Hunter due to his connection with Jeff Jackson. I also want nothing to do with Hunter as well. The guy is a literal Ken Holland 2.0 clone. Stay the f*** away from him.
LOL, I never listen to Gregor.

Me neither. I just see his dumb ass tweets or clips pop up on my twitter feed here and there.

According to Gregor no one was an upgrade on f***in Ceci. Cody The Irreplaceable Ceci.

Oh and he’s still barking up that tree. Heard him respond to a text on his show criticizing Ceci. And his response was “did Ceci cost us a loss last game? Kulak-Ceci was our best pair you could say”

He's a condescending windbag that rarely ever admit when he's wrong. Wrong about his Bouchard and Holloway takes too. Our media is just as spineless as the management.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The saddest thing for me though is that the Oilers had all the time in the world to find a suitable GM after firing Chiarelli, but Bob Nicholson just had to f***ing hire a guy who he had a connection with in Hockey Canada. Same guy who was about to retire until his phone got lit up by Nicholson. Imagine how different this team would've been if GMed by somebody like Zito or McCrimmon. I don't know who our next GM is, but the organization NEEDS to spend the proper time interviewing rather than take the apparent Mark Hunter due to his connection with Jeff Jackson. I also want nothing to do with Hunter as well. The guy is a literal Ken Holland 2.0 clone. Stay the f*** away from him.

Me neither. I just see his dumb ass tweets or clips pop up on my twitter feed here and there.

He's a condescending windbag that rarely ever admit when he's wrong. Wrong about his Bouchard and Holloway takes too. Our media is just as spineless as the management.
What’s this innovative job and interview process you speak of? I thought NHL teams just gives the most important job in team building to guys they already have in their contacts list, you know cause it’s convenient.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What’s this innovative job and interview process you speak of? I thought NHL teams just gives the most important job in team building to guys they already have in their contacts list, you know cause it’s convenient.

Hilarious thing is whenever I see a fairweather fan say shit to the Oiler fans that I know like "You be a GM then if you think you can do a better job than Ken Holland" I would fully agree with the fans I know. Ceci was the biggest obvious problem, but good ol Kenny did f*** all to fix it. Ken Holland's been drunk on his Detroit era to this day. I don't even know if he'll have another last press conference with this team, but you can bet your ass that we'd hear the "Back in my time in Detroit." f***ing fraud.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
I was hoping for a game 7 in the Stars-Avs series when I went down to catch the last half of the game. After watching for a few moments and then seeing the NHL try and steal a victory that changed.

There was justice served that you won't find in a lot of courtrooms.

Edit: steal not steel

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hilarious thing is whenever I see a fairweather fan say shit to the Oiler fans that I know like "You be a GM then if you think you can do a better job than Ken Holland" I would fully agree with the fans I know. Ceci was the biggest obvious problem, but good ol Kenny did f*** all to fix it. Ken Holland's been drunk on his Detroit days to this day. I don't even know if he'll have another last press conference with this team, but you can bet your ass that we'd hear the "Back in my time in Detroit." f***ing fraud.
Dude talked such a big game about how we will need drafting and development to support our depth. Then made the laziest, dumbest hire in Wright to get that job done. That imo was Hollands biggest critical mistake which I’ve been saying all year and is the main reason I turned on Holland.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Dude talked such a big game about how we will need drafting and development to support our depth. Then made the laziest, dumbest hire in Wright to get that job done. That imo was Hollands biggest critical mistake which I’ve been saying all year and is the main reason I turned on Holland.

Yep. I was cautiously optimistic when Holland arrived here. But 5 years, and all the Oilers have to show under Ken Holland's tenure can't even achieve a Western conference final win or winning their own division. McDavid and Draisaitl busted their ass every single f***ing year in the playoffs, and senile old fart Ken Holland still refused to move on from Cody Ceci who once again has been eaten alive by the opponents in a 3rd consecutive f***ing playoff season and not even getting a top 6 scoring winger to relieve some of the offensive responsibilities/pressure from McDrai. f*** Ken Holland forever.

Before/After Ken Holland arrived/5th final year:
Oilers still need a true #1 goalie, a top four d man, and a top 6 legitimate scoring winger.

Same problems existed back then to now. That's the definition of utter incompetence by the worst f***ing GM in the league.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Edmonton local media all trade deadline: “Tanev isn’t an upgrade on Ceci.” Lol.

AC0E68C4-D764-4E7D-B723-5F14F3EB6748.jpeg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yep. I was cautiously optimistic when Holland arrived here. But 5 years, and all the Oilers have to show under Ken Holland's tenure can't even achieve a Western conference final win or winning their own division. McDavid and Draisaitl busted their ass every single f***ing year in the playoffs, and senile old fart Ken Holland still refused to move on from Cody Ceci who once again has been eaten alive by the opponents in a 3rd consecutive f***ing playoff season and not even getting a top 6 scoring winger to relieve some of the offensive responsibilities/pressure from McDrai. f*** Ken Holland forever.

Before/After Ken Holland arrived/5th final year:
Oilers still need a true #1 goalie, a top four d man, and a top 6 legitimate scoring winger.

Same problems existed back then to now. That's the definition of utter incompetence by the worst f***ing GM in the league.
Yeh i Gave him a chance initially too. He made good moves, i commended him. He made shit moves, I criticized it. But overall i was mostly positive about him when talleying up his overall moves. But with time, more cracks to start to show. The prospects he drafted sucked. A complete lack of talent identification and sticking with failed experiments too long (Yamo, Pool, Foegele, Ceci). Shitty negotiation skills on contracts. Zero care given to analytics. The TDL to me was his final chance to make turn the tide back to positive. And imo he completely blew it.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Edmonton local media all trade deadline: “Tanev isn’t an upgrade on Ceci.” Lol.

View attachment 872806
Yeh local media’s infatuation with Ceci was annoying. I didn’t mind the miss on Tanev though cause I knew there was no way the Flames would trade him here. What was more annoying to me is that local media didn’t consider anyone available to be an upgrade on Ceci. Like Ceci f***in sucks, it’s not that hard to find someone better/more reliable/more impactful. Ceci is the lowest f***in bar to clear.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeh i Gave him a chance initially too. He made good moves, i commended him. He made shit moves, I criticized it. But overall i was mostly positive about him when talleying up his overall moves. But with time, more cracks to start to show. The prospects he drafted sucked. A complete lack of talent identification and sticking with failed experiments too long (Yamo, Pool, Foegele, Ceci). Shitty negotiation skills on contracts. Zero care given to analytics. The TDL to me was his final chance to make turn the tide back to positive. And imo he completely blew it.

I'm personally a fan who gives praises when its warranted but also critique in the same manner. Moves like acquiring UFA Hyman and the Ekholm trade were astounding. Everything else? Barf. Drafting? Baaaaaaarf. Goalie? Baaaaaaaaarf. Prospects? Major baaaaaaaaaaarf.

Nothing's more heart breaking seeing both McDrai and Bouchard high up in the points per player in the playoffs, and yet here we are in a must win game 6 tomorrow to force a game 7 against a canucks team that's playing their 3rd string goalie since the stupid old senile f***ing idiot of a GM decided that Henrique, Carrick, and Stecher was 'enough' to go 'all in.'

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm personally a fan who gives praises when its warranted but also critique in the same manner. Moves like acquiring UFA Hyman and the Ekholm trade were astounding. Everything else? Barf. Drafting? Baaaaaaarf. Goalie? Baaaaaaaaarf. Prospects? Major baaaaaaaaaaarf.

Nothing's more heart breaking seeing both McDrai and Bouchard high up in the points per player in the playoffs, and yet here we are in a must win game 6 tomorrow to force a game 7 against a canucks team that's playing their 3rd string goalie since the stupid old senile f***ing idiot of a GM decided that Henrique, Carrick, and Stecher was 'enough' to go 'all in.'
Yeh Hyman and Ekholm were his best moves. And he does deserve credit on that front. Heck I didn’t even mind the Duncan Kieth move, it didn’t work out, but I understood what he was trying considering the difficulties of attracting talent to Edmonton. But the negatives piled up large and overall, he failed us.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeh Hyman and Ekholm were his best moves. And he does deserve credit on that front. Heck I didn’t even mind the Duncan Kieth move, it didn’t work out, but I understood what he was trying considering the difficulties of attracting talent to Edmonton. But the negatives piled up large and overall, he failed us.

You'd think though with Ken Holland being apparently so respected in the NHL, that shit such as the Lucic for Neal trade that involved us still having to forfeit a pick for a condition that was never met or Keith retiring that didn't give us a full cap relief as it should've from the rule book itself wouldn't have happen if Holland's apparently so respected. Do that shit against Kelly McCrimmon, and he would've tore the league apart. Holland? Just accepted it like a little bitch.

Reactions: TB12 and PBandJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad