GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Two blatant goalie interference calls in the FLA series that were allowed, that were 10 times worse than this one.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What a joke the NHL command center is. Who's managing it--Stevie Wonder?

Makar clearly pushed him into the goalie and they weren't even inside the blue paint.
What makes this even more egregious is the sports betting aspect too. The NHL and its sponsors push sports betting apps and websites CONSTANTLY and then calls like this absolutely ruin ANY integrity of the league itself. (Not that there was much to begin with). It's as tiresome as much as the garbage officiating. I love the sport of hockey, but the amount of betting ads I have to see every f***ing day has gotten tiresome. Way to show and influence the new generation of kids that its perfectly okay to gamble. f*** them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The quality of play in the Dallas-Colorado series seems to be significantly higher than the Oilers-Canuck series.

Far fewer defensive mistakes and more creativity in terms of offence.
Seems like every player for each team is at the very least solid and reliable. No weak links on the team, as all contenders should be. Nurse-Ceci would tank either of these teams if they were a pairing.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A sham of a league. That's robbery.
Yep. The league is a f***ing disgrace. Thats so bad I would walk out until they get the right call. Officials emphatic to call the OT goal off on some bogus call thats wrong, NHL review, still make the wrong call.

This is blatant NHL "We don't like that result, we want another result.

just a travesty. AVS are eliminated, but NHL didn't want that, game continues.

Since when is it goalie interference when the forward isn't anywhere in the crease. How does the NHL review that as inconclusive and can't reverse the call when every replay shows it was the wrong call on ice.

f*** this league.

Well I mean they also have way better goaltending. That harmless sharp angle shot to end the period was the kind of goals Skinner was letting in.
3X the stars have nailed it off Giorgiev mask and he's headed it out. 2X it was difficult. All of these getting by Skinjob.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
What makes this even more egregious is the sports betting aspect too. The NHL and its sponsors push sports betting apps and websites CONSTANTLY and then calls like this absolutely ruin ANY integrity of the league itself. (Not that there was much to begin with). It's as tiresome as much as the garbage officiating. I love the sport of hockey, but the amount of betting ads I have to see every f***ing day has gotten tiresome. Way to show and influence the new generation of kids that its perfectly okay to gamble. f*** them.
They are always signaling their virtue but bombard everyone with gambling ads. I agree-I'm tired of it.

When I was a kid NHL ads were about cars and stereos.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Yep. The league is a f***ing disgrace. Thats so bad I would walk out until they get the right call. Officials emphatic to call the OT goal off on some bogus call thats wrong, NHL review, still make the wrong call.

This is blatant NHL "We don't like that result, we want another result.

just a travesty. AVS are eliminated, but NHL didn't want that, game continues.

Since when is it goalie interference when the forward isn't anywhere in the crease. How does the NHL review that as inconclusive and can't reverse the call when every replay shows it was the wrong call on ice.

f*** this league.

3X the stars have nailed it off Giorgiev mask and he's headed it out. 2X it was difficult. All of these getting by Skinjob.
Thing is that Georgiev didn't even look mad when it went in. Usually goalies go nuts if thy're f****d with when trying to make a save. Not even in the damn crease. He knew.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How the f*** they call that goal off after seeing them allow that Panthers goal where a Bruin was pushed into Swayman?

Duchene is outside the blue paint and makes minimal contact too. Only reason contact happens is cause Makar pushes him in.

My theory is the TORONtO situation room f***ed over the Bruins out of pettiness and sour grapes over the Leaf’s series.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thing is that Georgiev didn't even look mad when it went in. Usually goalies go nuts if thy're f****d with when trying to make a save. Not even in the damn crease. He knew.
Yep. When the asshat officials are this emphatic to wave off a goal, and immediately you know its just because they want to. There was no way that was interference. They spend 5mins looking at every view and still get it wrong, or um, right, according to the bets on the game. What a f***ing sham. Got your back on this Dallas f*** the princes AV's NHL's darling team getting another huge call.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Dallas have absolutely dominated third and OT and most of the series. What a f***ing joke if AV's win this. What an absolute bs goal called back. If this is the AV's theres no f***ing way.

After seeing Talbot's pads being held down against Anaheim was still deemed a good goal, nothing ever surprises me with the league's so called 'video review.' The sad thing is, the fanbase that gets f***ed over by the goal call would be called 'whiners' but this shit is just a league wide problem that will NEVER be fixed. The league deserves to get ripped apart for this crap. It's just an utter disgrace to the integrity of the game.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Ya, that was all talked about before they can on the air. Nobody’s going to watch the intermission if they all agreed all the time. Hank wouldn’t pass a lie detector test on that one.

Reactions: Oilhawks

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
And defence. And depth. But I think at our best we can compete.

True they're deeper team. But wasn't there a graphic showing the Oilers allowing the least high danger shots than any of the remaining teams, but goaltending was the main let down.
Could have been one game, I am gonna have to look and see if it was just game 4 but I recall seeing that graphic.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
But at least the NHL didn't pretend to be virtuous back then.
None of the sports did really. Not that I recall.
Hope Dallas pops a quick goal and justice is returned. Would NHL dare to call a 2nd goal off?

Would kinda suit the NHL right if the game didn't end now. Players laying in a heap in 6th OT or something too tired to move.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Even Bissonnette made a joke about the ref betting on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad