GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The better team finally had enough and closed it out

1000000389.png

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Same old, same old for Canes. They play a high shot volume game, mostly because they don't have any superstars who can break through. They have a batch of really good players, led by Aho, and then a bunch of muckers. No Panarins, Pastrnaks or Kucherovs on that team.
Mind you, we're the opposite. Two superstars who can't find their way around their own end, and way too many useless fillers on both forward and defence and inconsistent goaltending. Both producing the same kind of results consistently.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Same old, same old for Canes. They play a high shot volume game, mostly because they don't have any superstars who can break through. They have a batch of really good players, led by Aho, and then a bunch of muckers. No Panarins, Pastrnaks or Kucherovs on that team.
Mind you, we're the opposite. Two superstars who can't find their way around their own end, and way too many useless fillers on both forward and defence and inconsistent goaltending. Both producing the same kind of results consistently.
They were truly hoping Guentzel would be that guy to bring that one shot offense to change a game, but he just ended up like the rest of the team. Gets points at times, but when you throw them over the boards you never get that impression that they are going to get something to happen on any given shift like a true superstar that takes the team on his back.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I also love the Kreider hat trick in the 3rd because I have been very critical of the way the Hurricanes play with their billion shots from the outside. They basically lost the game and series to the guy who scores all his goals from the difficult areas in front of the blue paint.
Kreider is a beauty, I wanted him a few years back when his contract expired and there was talk of him moving on. Guy has incredible wheels and shows a lot of heart.
He would’ve looked great with McD, two guys who can fly.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Have to laugh at the clowns in the Boston/Florida telecast calling it "vicious".:laugh: J.T. Miller has had more slashes in 5 minutes than they get in an entire game. The Boston series (Sam Bennett excepted) looks like figure skating compared to what the Canucks are getting away with in ours.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Florida gets away with way more than Boston has such a poorly officiated series

Tin foil hat off but I can’t shake the feeling that series management is a thing and certain teams are getting a slight boost here and there to “grow the game” (tough luck for the hapless Canes I guess haha)

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Tin foil hat off but I can’t shake the feeling that series management is a thing and certain teams are getting a slight boost here and there to “grow the game” (tough luck for the hapless Canes I guess haha)

Speaking of which…

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Well, looks like I’ll give my hate for sunbelt teams a refresher, not to mention Tkachuk😆

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Kind of nice to see Boston out now. They've outlived their usefullness.

Boston done

ECF going to be a war

WCF going to be one sided as f***
I dunno, there's a lot of positive energy going into willing the Oilers to win.

Personally, I don't see it. They don't have the drive nor the chemistry nor the pieces.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Kind of nice to see Boston out now. They've outlived their usefullness.

I dunno, there's a lot of positive energy going into willing the Oilers to win.

Personally, I don't see it. They don't have the drive nor the chemistry nor the pieces.

Yup, backup plan is for the best teams remaining to advance. Dallas needs to finish it up tonight to ensure the riots are on time. Georgiev is hardly better than Skinner. If the Oilers advance and they can’t beat the Stars then meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad