GDT: Around The League: 2024 Playoffs Edition Round 2- “Oh, You Didn’t Know? You’re Ass Better Call SOMEBODY!!!!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nichushkin is such a massive loss. He is a 2-way beast all night every night.

I don't even want to think about how many goals Johnston would score on us in a series. FK Tyler Wright

Reactions: BlackDogg

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
They live the dream.

Team stinks? Deal everyone off then instantly be the top destination for almost anyone you pursue on the market with the new cap space. I used to actually like the Rangers, but similar to the late 90’s/early 2000’s a second class is being created in the NHL. This version has a competitive advantage, except this time it isn’t due to the economic might of particular clubs, but instead the combination of taxes and city that allow players to wield NMC clauses and NCAA outs go where they want.
Fully agree on all points. The League needs to close the NCAA loophole to make it equitable and consistent for all drafted players. NCAA is a joke when its reality is a billion dollar industry based on 'amateur' athletes. A team should be able to hold a college drafted player's rights for 4 college years+1 or something to reduce the flight risk to snub their draft team. Or something that equalizes duration of draft rights across all feeder systems.

Then add those bogus no trade deals with waive consideration only for a set team like Tarasenko pulled on Ottawa. I'll go to Florida ... or Florida.

NHL is the one North American professional sports league that has significant number of cartel member clubs in two different countries. We're increasingly seeing growing inequities like currency exchange, no tax jurisdictions, destination cities perceived to be more attractive to young millionaires, and an increasingly discriminating (and in many cases entitled) workforce. There's growing inequity and increasing stigma of playing in Canada and markets in which hockey is king and players are treated like gods. This goofiness gets amplified by media and the game continues to grow disconnected from the core heartland markets. The game's growth and development tilts further and further away from these roots.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Manson should be getting the rest of the night off.

Love watching the great leadership from mackinnon.

Turns the puck over and just pouts on his way back.

Fully agree on all points. The League needs to close the NCAA loophole to make it equitable and consistent for all drafted players. NCAA is a joke when its reality is a billion dollar industry based on 'amateur' athletes. A team should be able to hold a college drafted player's rights for 4 college years+1 or something to reduce the flight risk to snub their draft team. Or something that equalizes duration of draft rights across all feeder systems.

Then add those bogus no trade deals with waive consideration only for a set team like Tarasenko pulled on Ottawa. I'll go to Florida ... or Florida.

NHL is the one North American professional sports league that has significant number of cartel member clubs in two different countries. We're increasingly seeing growing inequities like currency exchange, no tax jurisdictions, destination cities perceived to be more attractive to young millionaires, and an increasingly discriminating (and in many cases entitled) workforce. There's growing inequity and increasing stigma of playing in Canada and markets in which hockey is king and players are treated like gods. This goofiness gets amplified by media and the game continues to grow disconnected from the core heartland markets. The game's growth and development tilts further and further away from these roots.
Players drafted out of the CHL can use the same loophole btw.

I do agree it should be closed though.

Next CBA needs to get rid of NMC and NTC's also.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Manson should be getting the rest of the night off.

Love watching the great leadership from mackinnon.

Turns the puck over and just pouts on his way back.

Players drafted out of the CHL can use the same loophole btw.

I do agree it should be closed though.

Next CBA needs to get rid of NMC and NTC's also.
Fair point. But CHL a player decision has to be made by age 20... maybe 21 for a few. College can stretch that out for older age, maturation and development. Use the threat to stay in school four years to connive your way to a preferred destination. Close any and all loopholes and standardize across all feeder systems.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Cake Makar with an awful turnover
People would be roasting Bouchard if he did that
The panel is blaming it on the Nuke situation.
Nichushkin is such a massive loss. He is a 2-way beast all night every night.

I don't even want to think about how many goals Johnston would score on us in a series. FK Tyler Wright
Two decent moves and this team would be really close. They still likely woundn't have a goaltender though.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers org dodging the only good piece of advice given by an ex-oiler in 2 decades (Coffey/Staios about Johnston) after acting on 5000 straight bad ex-Oiler takes to waste careers through multiple rebuilds and the prime of a generational talent.

neo-dodging-bullets-in-matrix-z1c5kcsbpuliceu7.gif

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Stars are coming out of the West, that was my prediction anyhow

Nucks are going to get absolutely hammered. "A goalie that can stop pucks AND a team that can play physical and score? f***!"
I had Stars over the Canes. Both have good depth, with the Stars having the edge in goal. And don’t give up on our boys. Have faith.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Johnston will score 90+ next year and might end up being the mackinnon to Bedards Mcdavid (massively reaching but you get the idea)

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
I had Stars over the Canes. Both have good depth, with the Stars having the edge in goal. And don’t give up on our boys. Have faith.

I think they can bounce back from this but it's really looking grim. They need to not sulk and need three things to win: 1) Better goaltending 2) Better officiating and 3) Picking their spots and bringing the physicality that they can (which will also depend on #2)

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad