Around the League - 2023/24

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Thanks! We just kinda ended up in there on our way to Vegas, never even heard about the place. So I have a very unbiased, self-claimed opinion about the city: worst city of our trip, easily. :laugh:

Pueblo offered us nothing. :laugh: Really enjoyed Denver and it's surroundings, also thought that Colorado Springs was a nice place.

Now we're at Cimarron NM, it's windy as hell. You guys get these winds every spring?!

You ain't seen wind until you've been to Wyoming.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks! We just kinda ended up in there on our way to Vegas, never even heard about the place. So I have a very unbiased, self-claimed opinion about the city: worst city of our trip, easily. :laugh:

Pueblo offered us nothing. :laugh: Really enjoyed Denver and it's surroundings, also thought that Colorado Springs was a nice place.

Now we're at Cimarron NM, it's windy as hell. You guys get these winds every spring?!
There’s a lot of awesome places surrounding the general Denver area. Pueblo is not one of them that’s for sure :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Murzu

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Isles do. Why the hell would they give up a franchise goaltender for a guy who scored THREE POINTS in seven games in the playoffs this year and can walk as a UFA in 2025?
Did you miss the part where Sorokin sucked all year and didn't start in the playoffs?

Also the part where his 8 X 8.25M AAV contract starts next year at age 29?

His contract could turn into PLD's real quick.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
After high school I did land surveying. I hated it at the time, but looking back it was pretty fun. It was mostly jobs for oil/natural gas extraction sites. When I was in Colorado or Utah the mosquitos were out of control on some of the locations. One time as soon as I got out of the truck there must have been a million (like no joke). I was like dancing and swatting and it didn't do any good. For every one I killed it there would be 20 more bites. My arms were so swollen.

I never had that problem in Wyoming. If there was any mosquitos there the wind was too strong for them so I loved having to go there for jobs :laugh:

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
So nobody moved at all in the draft order? Isnt that very unliklely? And why did the "rehearsal" show dots on who won the draft lottery but those dots werent shown on the live show....

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Nebraska has some good wind from time to time, as well. Having grown up there, it seems like it was always a couple days of wind 20 - 30 mph out of the south, then a day of no wind, followed by a couple days of 20 - 30 mph wind out of the north. Then it would repeat itself. Didn't always happen that way, but close.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man Hawks came close to get Celibrini. That would have sucked.

They still get a major piece at 2OA though...either a franchise winger or a franchise D.

Reactions: Murzu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad