Around the League - 2023/24

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I see the emoji... but for the life of me I can't see how anybody thinks Pratt is doing a poor job. I don't like the PK system as much as anybody else... but the defensemen that have come through here, their development, and the play of vets is always so high. Dude is a brilliant coach and has done so much for this team.
Oh I agree 100%. I also think the criticisms thrown Pratts way are wild.

landpoke

May 21, 2020
Ovi still slams Dr Pepper on the bench :laugh:

(Quite common for triathletes to drink soda while competing)
Quick carbs to keep the glycogen stores up and the muscles fed. All the fancy energy gels, blocks, what have yous that endurance athletes consume during a race are basically just sugar.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't begrudge these guys a sandwich for lunch, but Subway is nasty.

Maybe the subway bread and flamin hot cheetos form the perfect cocktail to mask what allows him to play like the terminator at 38 while looking like Dustin Byfuglien? :naughty:

landpoke

May 21, 2020
Speaking of nerds :sarcasm:

a
a
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Surprised no one has said anything about Trevor Zegras's mega-meltdown last night. Took a really, really dumb penalty that I think negated a power play, destroyed the camera in the penalty box, then made his way back to the bench where he sat for the remainder of the game. Would not be surprised if he got a change-of-scenery trade this offseason. I still like the kid, and he's a phenomenally talented player, but the mental maturity has to improve. Certainly not a path forward with him and Cronin.

That said, my God what happened to the Seattle Kraken broadcast? Is it just the addition of Eddie Olczyk that f***ed everything up? I swear he bitched and moaned about Zegras wrecking the camera (not a cool move but that's certainly not the first time it's happened) for like five minutes. And poor J.T. Brown only gets to talk, like, once every three or four shifts.

I've heard Olczyk before on national broadcasts, never really had an issue with him before but ugh...he was annoying last night.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Surprised no one has said anything about Trevor Zegras's mega-meltdown last night. Took a really, really dumb penalty that I think negated a power play, destroyed the camera in the penalty box, then made his way back to the bench where he sat for the remainder of the game. Would not be surprised if he got a change-of-scenery trade this offseason. I still like the kid, and he's a phenomenally talented player, but the mental maturity has to improve. Certainly not a path forward with him and Cronin.

That said, my God what happened to the Seattle Kraken broadcast? Is it just the addition of Eddie Olczyk that f***ed everything up? I swear he bitched and moaned about Zegras wrecking the camera (not a cool move but that's certainly not the first time it's happened) for like five minutes. And poor J.T. Brown only gets to talk, like, once every three or four shifts.

I've heard Olczyk before on national broadcasts, never really had an issue with him before but ugh...he was annoying last night.
I didn't even know that happened. I was too busy wallowing in despair about our own team's shortcomings. I wonder who'll take a flyer on him? He's obviously crazy talented, but he's never been (and never will imo) be as good as he thinks he is. He also has a pretty terrible attitude. I also have to wonder if he's a locker room distraction.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I need to see this. :laugh:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Looks like that link died. I found this one though.

Yeah, really dumb penalty. Killorn took an idiotic cross check later that game too.

Not sure I like Verbeek as a GM. Seems indecisive at the worst of times, though Friedman keeps framing that as him being a "tough negotiator." I also don't really like the mix of vets he's brought in to supplement the young talent. Gudas is a good player but I don't get why he snagged Killorn and Strome.

Reactions: sethro109

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Looks like that link died. I found this one though.

Dumb penalty to take... he was responding to Tanev sweeping his legs, but gotta keep a better head.

I expected far worse than this by the description. Wasn't it Schenn that did similar in the 22 playoffs against the Avs? :laugh:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dumb penalty to take... he was responding to Tanev sweeping his legs, but gotta keep a better head.

I expected far worse than this by the description. Wasn't it Schenn that did similar in the 22 playoffs against the Avs? :laugh:
Hey now, Schenn is a captain and respected member of the hockey community. He should get a lifetime appointment to play for the Blues for the next 10 years. At least.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

I am blissfully blacked out of every Seattle game.

Seattle claiming Fairbanks as their home turf is akin to NYC claiming Denver. f***ing ridiculous but as the great philosopher Todd Bertuzzi said, "It is what it is."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad