Around the League - 2023/24

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I really f***ing hate the way they newsdump this stuff. I was really looking forward to listening to Real Kyper and Bourne talk about the other series, and now this takes up all the air.

How do you watch those guys ?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Do we know how much money Berube makes in Toronto?

I don't understand Berube's appeal. He looks like the NHL version of Roberto di Matteo.
Rare blend of being a player's coach and having a firm grip.

If Treliving continues the current trend of turning the Leafs into a one-dimensional band of grinders with a slow and unskilled blueline, Berube should be just the guy for them.
Meh. It can only go up from there. I'd take that over the soft as butter with no defense Dubas era.

First step is to find a way to get rid of the 11M AAV 3rd liner so they have money to build a real defense.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Meh. It can only go up from there. I'd take that over the soft as butter with no defense Dubas era.

First step is to find a way to get rid of the 11M AAV 3rd liner so they have money to build a real defense.
Completely false. The team was never soft as butter and their defensive numbers before this year were elite. If anything they’re much softer and slower now than they were before.

They’ve whittled away at their identity for ten years now and the team can’t win unless Matthews goes full God mode.

And no it can most certainly get worse than this. Just look at the mess the Flames became under Treliving.

The Leafs never got it done because they didn’t properly address their depth and their goaltending went from mediocre to bad. And instead of acknowledging that maybe they didn’t have a legit top defensemen and added more puck skill/speed instead of a bunch of talentless plugs like Edmundson they’d be in better shape.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
One Avalanche player got a Selke vote this year. Guess which.

1716150230016.png

• Haha
Reactions: katfude and McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
One Avalanche player got a Selke vote this year. Guess which.

I saw that. I appreciate that MacKinnon puts in work on the defensive side and doesn't float, but that doesn't mean he is GOOD at it by any means. Passable, at best.

If anyone on the Avs deserved to get a vote, it's got to be Lehkonen or Nichushkin (obviously the votes went in before Nuke hoovered his career up his nose).

Reactions: S E P H

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sam Reinhart:

- Finished 4th in Selke votes
- 57 goals/94 pts season
- performs relatively well in the playoffs
- only 28 years old
- UFA

CHA CHING!

Biggest UFA trap to hit the market I've seen in a long, long time. Some team is about to get f***ed. Hard.

There were rumors out of Montreal last week that they could offer him 10.5M X 7

Reactions: Chiarelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad