• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Ah shit.... Kempe and 1-3-1...

I learned from We Want Florida!! to never wish for a certain opponent. Just give us whoever... And bring it on!

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Lol kings...

you-crazy-son-of-a-bitch.gif

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
As a fan that's concerned with injuries, the dirty Kings team is not a team you want to face in the first round. They got their pound of flesh the last two seasons.

I mean Pietrangelo literally tomahawked Draisaitl in the dying seconds of a blowout game last year. I don't think it matters.

Reactions: nabob

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I mean Pietrangelo literally tomahawked Draisaitl in the dying seconds of a blowout game last year. I don't think it matters.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the other thread. But that was one player. The entire Kings team is dirty trash, more or less. Guess we'll see.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
the Oilers beat themselves against LA
forget games 1, 3 and 4 last year? lucky Hyman saved the season in Game 4

Remember 10 minutes ago when Talbot couldn’t stop a beach ball and the Kings could barely complete a pass requiring a puck over glass penalty to tie it? Against the Blackhawks no less.

This is by far the worst version of the Kings team over the past three years. They’ve been shit a majority of the season and the Oilers have no problem with their 1-3-1.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
As a fan that's concerned with injuries, the dirty Kings team is not a team you want to face in the first round. They got their pound of flesh the last two seasons.

On the flip side, Vegas resident George Parros sent the Knights a message last year that chasing a player across the rink after the play and 2-hand chopping their wrist was only a 1 game suspension because he's such a big fan. I think Vegas would take liberties against us to a whole new level after what they learned from the last one. They were cocky as hell after how those suspensions played out.

Reactions: K1984

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
New thread is up for the post season:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Remember 10 minutes ago when Talbot couldn’t stop a beach ball and the Kings could barely complete a pass requiring a puck over glass penalty to tie it? Against the Blackhawks no less.

This is by far the worst version of the Kings team over the past three years. They’ve been shit a majority of the season and the Oilers have no problem with their 1-3-1.
so? the Oilers barely squeaked by them 2022 without Doughty or Advidsson and the Corpse of Jon Quick in net
last year they needed a miracle in game 4 cause they were dumb as rocks in Games 1 and 3, despite coming into the playoffs in an all-time heater

if anything, the Oilers make mediocre goalies look great in the playoffs...see: Korpisalo last year

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
On the flip side, Vegas resident George Parros sent the Knights a message last year that chasing a player across the rink after the play and 2-hand chopping their wrist was only a 1 game suspension because he's such a big fan. I think Vegas would take liberties against us to a whole new level after what they learned from the last one. They were cocky as hell after how those suspensions played out.

Vegas has an overwhelming advantage in the “NHL Head Office Favorites” category. As we’ve seen several times in Edmonton, you can lose a series if you’re on the wrong side of it.

After 2017 and 2023 in particular I don’t know if I can handle losing another series in part due to insane rules decisions by the league. Risk of that is far lower against LA I feel.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad