GDT: Around the League 2023-24 Volume 4: Stretch Drive Edition

Oilers finish:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
lol no no I am not like this in real life. I manage my emotions. This is just online. I don't even shit talk my family in vancouver if they lose ever. Vancouver fans are different though. I have heard them chirp for 20+ years.

I would HATE it if they won a cup, but I would feel happy for my friends and family for seeing them win something in their life. I mean, in the end, it's a bunch of millionaires playing on ice. They are not paying my bills for me to worry this much.

Half of my posting here in the OOT is for our stalker friend who reads it all. I am trying to entertain him and another few
If you both know he's watching you, is he really a stalker? :naughty:

But I think I know who you're referring to.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Mack home streak ends as Avs lose to Rags in SO

Is the Altitude PBP an idiot ?
Game goes to shootout “unless something changes, it looks like his steak ends”

Something changes

:huh:
He must have half-expected the owner to call Bettman at the end of OT demanding goals scored in the shootout by Mackinnon be added to his points stats.

Only for Mackinnon though. No one else in the league.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I would HATE it if they won a cup, but I would feel happy for my friends and family for seeing them win something in their life. I mean, in the end, it's a bunch of millionaires playing on ice. They are not paying my bills for me to worry this much.

Half of my posting here in the OOT is for our stalker friend who reads it all. I am trying to entertain him and another few
ahhh so this is personal for you
you must live in Vancouver

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
He must have half-expected the owner to call Bettman at the end of OT demanding goals scored in the shootout by Mackinnon be added to his points stats.

Only for Mackinnon though. No one else in the league.

The commentators wanted MacKinnon to get a second assist on the Avalanche's second goal. It was an own goal though and assists are never given out on those. They were hoping the league would change their mind after the game haha.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
just looking at the Canucks schedule....they haven't played outside the Pacific time zone since Feb 20th! and won't until they play the Oilers on April 13th, almost 2 months in the same time zone...that includes a 9-game home stand

what a nice soft schedule down the stretch

Reactions: TB12 and Mav3rick07

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

This may well come down to how team deploy their roster in the last week. Unlike in previous years it is very possible that all three of Edmonton, Colorado and Tampa have their playoff spot firmly determined with a game or two left. Would they rest their guy??

If I had to guess I think of the three MacKinnon would be the guy who will have the most incentive to squeeze every point out of the regular season to win the Art Ross. McDavid may have to open up a cushion to win this down the stretch.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The commentators wanted MacKinnon to get a second assist on the Avalanche's second goal. It was an own goal though and assists are never given out on those. They were hoping the league would change their mind after the game haha.

The PBP crew was so brutal haha.

The fans aren’t any better on twitter. lol at the “ended on a technicality” whining

He didn’t get the A because own goals don’t get assists. Maybe learn the rules

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
6 points behind Vancouver with 2 games in hand. 11 games remaining for the Oilers. It might be too little too late but we could still potentially win the Division.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I actually just assume it b/c my posts get liked sometimes lol

I know int he end it is just some fun and games, back and forth chirping.

and we can easily say this looks like an "off year" for McDavid

If he likes your posts here, talk to one of our mods. They'll get that sorted out real quick.

There's a reason he doesn't come around here like he used to.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I keep thinking today is Saturday and checking what the early games are to watch.....
Yah, so weird. I don't recall a season where it's been such a feast or famine for games throughout. Didn't mind last nights scheduled game though, since it felt like a Friday/Saturday game with the raucous atmosphere, and nice to sleep in today. (sleep it off)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
NJ vs Buffalo. Glad its the only game so I can really focus o n this amazing matchup. It has serious implications on who will draft 9-12 overall.
Imagine being a Devils fan and wondering why didn't the GM pay a 3rd round pick for Allen a few weeks sooner. They could be in a wild card spot if they received more consistent goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad