GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Or did he wa
Lol. Hrudey wanted Samsonov to go to the corner for that puck? How? It bounced straight out. Marner and Rielly were in nappy time was the issue.
I think he wanted him to play it as it was coming out front,

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hell of a play by Lindholm and Pasta but Reilly was just coasting back there, Bouchard would have been roasted here if he put in that effort.
That looked like a set play to catch them napping and yep, lulled them to sleep.

I can’t believe Hrudey blamed Samsonov on that and said that’s one he’d like back. Holy f***. That’s all I have to say about that.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Come all the way back just to lose. Have to imagine they have a shake up coming. It's hard to believe they have never won a game in the second round.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
The only downside to this, is for the nhl as a business. A deep leaf run would be good for profits I imagine. But happy to see "Canada's team" get dumped again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
PastaBaby!!!! Forget what I said about the Bruins choking.

Perfect setplay and executed, again, perfectly. No way Samsonov could get to that. was disguised play, Lindholm waited right to Center to dump, and Pasta had already been flying in. Only thing he had to worry about was offside. Perfect timing.

Ridiculous from Hrudey to lay that on Samsonov.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Come all the way back just to lose. Have to imagine they have a shake up coming. It's hard to believe they have never won a game in the second round.
What do the Leafs playing the Bruins and Peter McNeely fighting Mike Tyson have in common?

Neither one can get out of the first round.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hell of a play by Lindholm and Pasta but Reilly was just coasting back there, Bouchard would have been roasted here if he put in that effort.
What a big game by Lindholm. Goal and great assist. One of the best dumps ever on a setplay. Good to have those laying around. Completely caught the entire Leafs team on that one. I could see Pasta flying down the wing, none of the Leafs spotted it.

Relatively simple play. Setplays are so huge. You practice something like this and it wins you a game 7 in OT, in playoffs.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Keefe and Marner were shaking hands like they knew it was their last game with the Leafs.
Have to say it was the best I’ve seen Marner shake hands in the past eight years. You could tell he’s gained experience, and tonight was the culmination of a lot of years where the handshake really wasn’t elite, but kudos to him for taking those lumps as lessons and working on it during the off season. But I still think he has another level in him that we’ll see next playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad