GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If the Oilers can't close out the Kings then beat one of these teams just blow it all up in the offseason.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Of course dumbass jets fans want to trade Kyle Connor. The only semblance of elite skill they had. I know he had a down year, but for an offensively inept team like Winnipeg you hold onto him and hope he gets his game back.

They might want to make a change on goaltending too, right? Campbell for Connor, straight up. Then they can trade Helly for Marner or something :sarcasm:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
lol, Soros looked so funny on that Zadorov goal. It's like he didn't believe there was any chance Zadorov would even hit the net.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If the Oilers can't close out the Kings then beat one of these teams just blow it all up in the offseason.

Hey now, hey now

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
They might want to make a change on goaltending too, right? Campbell for Connor, straight up. Then they can trade Helly for Marner or something :sarcasm:
Lol. Marner to that wasteland would be pretty funny. Somehow I’m on the fence of adding 8.5M to our cap even if Campbell is out. I’d have to do the math tho.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Vegas did it too, even worse than Colorado did.

Do we have to hope for Dallas? hehe.

More than that I guess you have to hope those 3 teams just beat the hell out of eachother if we made it that far.
Our top pairs and top lines are both among the best in the league so they cancel each other out, if we do end up meeting the series will come down to how Nurse Ceci and the Draisaitl and McLeod lines do against the Avs 2nd pair/2nd line

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
The Avs were a brutal first round match up though. They are still contenders. The west is much stronger than the east this year.

Reactions: oobga and Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Our top pairs and top lines are both among the best in the league so they cancel each other out, if we do end up meeting the series will come down to how Nurse Ceci and the Draisaitl and McLeod lines do against the Avs 2nd pair/2nd line

Feel the same. My concerns about our team basically the same as last year. Holland decided not to improve a key area that absolutely killed us. ALl we can do is hope this time is different I guess.

What are you doing Nashville. Boeser completely wide open right in front of Soros.

Reactions: Shanahanigans

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The Avs were a brutal first round match up though. They are still contenders. The west is much stronger than the east this year.

Yeah, Avs were on their game that series. The only thing that could kill them was goaltending and they upped their defensive game to insulate Georgiev to boot. Jets are just not that good. Needed miracles to win if the Avs were playing well. None to be had, and Helly was off his game most of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad