GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Goaltending is just completely freaking random. Long gone are the days of Hasek, Roy, Brodeur etc. when you knew what you were getting most nights. You could be a 3rd stringer and win playoff games nowadays like Vancouver or a backup then win a Cup like Vegas or win a Cup with a completely average goalie like Colorado.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Avs offence is just overwhelming. Speed, execution, and hockey IQ. And smart deadline adds to shore up some weakness.

Reactions: The Moose

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Colorado is an offensive machine, I think they're just as good as they were a few years ago tbh. Adding guys like Middlestat and Trenin really improved their depth and they have the best top 5 in the league.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Get out while you still can Jets fans!

Uex8WT.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Colorado is an offensive machine, I think they're just as good as they were a few years ago tbh. Adding guys like Middlestat and Trenin really improved their depth and they have the best top 5 in the league.
If Middelstadt works out as a Kadri replacement, and it looks like it is. And Walker continues to fit so well in their system. They probably just as strong as they were in the Cup year.

I shouldn’t be surprised that one of the best pro scouting franchises keyed in on exactly what they needed.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
The Avs attack in waves that can overwhelm most teams. Before playoffs started I figured they were the west favorite. Hopefully they can get banged up a bit in the next round if the future path to the cup for the Oil is a third round meetup

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If Middelstadt works out as a Kadri replacement, and it looks like it is. And Walker continues to fit so well in their system. They probably just as strong as they were in the Cup year.

I shouldn’t be surprised that one of the best pro scouting franchises keyed in on exactly what they needed.
Best management in the league and they do it without the LTIR shenanigans that the other best management team in the league thrives on.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Galley knows you can’t just shoulder someone without the puck right?

That should be a interference penalty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad