GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Such a weird league.

Boston can’t get a shot.

Canes pounding the Islanders.

I remember when the first round was exciting. Maybe I am just getting old. The games haven’t felt as competitive.

Dallas/Vegas is only series that is tied.
Agreed. In my opinion this has been one of the worst first rounds in recent years, for excitement and intensity of games. Both, East and West. cant put my finger on why.

Ok. Always one to give a wrong impression. I've been to NYC but not the Gardens. Wonder why Philly has the shittiest ones though. Through all their teams. Did that start with the Broadstreet Bully days?
I don’t know the answer. It just has a rep of being a tough sports fan town. Even Seravelli was mentioning that in the last few weeks on his pod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Agreed. In my opinion this has been one of the worst first rounds in recent years, for excitement and intensity of games. Both, East and West. cant put my finger on why.

I don’t know the answer. It just has a rep (well earned) of being a tough sports fan town. Even Seravelli was mentioning that in the last few weeks on his pod.

Meanwhile, was watching Woodcroft clip on Kyper and Bourne, and hes like “Watching this first round, the things that stands out is how competitive the games are”. Its like lol wut. Games just feel lopsided one way or other. Only been a couple OT games. None of the series are that close. I remember last year was similar. One team blows out other team. Next game is a blow out for other team. Think was more close series than this year though. Not many individual competitive games that go back and forth.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
In case anyone was wondering that song was written by Lou Reed and sung by Nico, from this massively overrated / boring album:

View attachment 862627
So irritating. Do not download from Napster…
Nico.

Inspired one of my favourite Jackson Browne songs. These Days

I thinks she sang a version of it too.

Edit - when I was sixteen I was drinking Pilsner and driving backroads in Sask. I wasn’t writing gems like this.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Meanwhile, was watching Woodcroft clip on Kyper and Bourne, and hes like “Watching this first round, the things that stands out is how competitive the games are”. Its like lol wut. Games just feel lopsided one way or other. Only been a couple OT games. None of the series are that close. I remember last year was similar. One team blows out other team. Next game is a blow out for other team. Think was more close series than this year though. Not many individual competitive games that go back and forth.

He also said he wanted to study trends.

Why not study the trends of the team that had a points % of almost 80% since November.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Hey Boston.

Please put these losers out of my misery, so I can switch channels and cheer the Jets on against those turds from Denver. (Admitted soft spot for Rick Bowness).
Ya I want the Jets thru I thought the Leafs would takeout Boston but I should have realized the Laffs never fail to entertain

Reactions: brentashton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad