GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
We get our PBP team opening cheering for the Kings, and the Leafs have these two continuously slobbering over them. Hey fellas, 3/4 of the country is cheering for the Leafs to lose, try to at least fake the odd Bruin complement.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Food poisoning or not, Matthews already played two periods. Looks like there was a hissy fit fight on the bench with Marner, Matthews, and Nylander. Makes you wonder if something further happened in the lockeroom during intermission.

Seems as though it’s just quitting on his team. Yikes. Going to be a lot of drama in Leafland over the next couple days before they get bounced.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I've hated the Leafs for years but maybe it's that I'm getting older but I don't hate them at all anymore. I still kind of like when they lose but I unironically thought they would handle the Bruins fairly easily and posted on this site as such

What is going on? They look awful

edit: and they score lol, and it's Marner the zombie
Having lived and suffered through our Decade of Doom, I can’t imagine how it feels to be a Leaf fan…over 50 years away from the Cup. Think the real fans are pretty decent folk who have to rely on a lot of bravado, false hope and improbable odds every season. I blame the TO media for the hyper-waxing elephants.
I also suspect that MLSE carries on Harold Ballard’s philosophy……”who cares what the team is like, we sell out anyway”.
In that world, the fans are bottom of the totem pole. And the media cashes in on their misery.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Losing this series being down 3-1 in the series isn't as bad as being up 3-1 to Montreal.

1714273498729.png

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad