GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Thank goodness I don't cheer for the leafs. As frustrating as the Oilers wasting some prime mcdavid years has been, at least we get to watch our best players show up and compete. It would be infuriating to watch all your regular season superstars just roll over every single postseason.

Nylander showing the right emotion but also has not done squat and disappeared the rest of the regular season after signing his big money contract

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I've hated the Leafs for years but maybe it's that I'm getting older but I don't hate them at all anymore. I still kind of like when they lose but I unironically thought they would handle the Bruins fairly easily and posted on this site as such

What is going on? They look awful

edit: and they score lol, and it's Marner the zombie

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I've hated the Leafs for years but maybe it's that I'm getting older but I don't hate them at all anymore. I still kind of like when they lose but I unironically thought they would handle the Bruins fairly easily and posted on this site as such

What is going on? They look awful

edit: and they score lol, and it's Marner the zombie
Bruins match up very well vs the Leafs. Their systems are a total miss-match... Not to mention if you were to switch the goaltenders around Leafs would probably be looking to 2-2 or 3-1 at this point.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Bruins match up very well vs the Leafs. Their systems are a total miss-match... Not to mention if you were to switch the goaltenders around Leafs would probably be looking to 2-2 or 3-1 at this point.
oddly their plight seems similar to ours. With both the Leafs and Oilers, if we can just consistently avoid dumb mistakes, the top end talent should be the edge. And the lack of an elite goalie.

Although the value of an elite goalie is still in the air. I say they matter as much as any, but there are some guys like Hellebuyck and Soroykin who have been awfully leaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad