GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Okay Bruins, don’t overthink this. Play Swayman again next game. Don’t play till Saturday.
Yah the rotation thing is dumb

No kidding. Have literally never beaten the Bruins in a playoff series. 0-5 now probably 0-6 almost always in very close heartbreaking and it's such a shame.
23760 days since they beat them in a series

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dallas in two games at home once again have not shaken off the nerves. So bad they can't make a pass. Transition game nowhere, Terrible zone entries. I swear Pavelski is playing for Vegas. Just f***ing retire.

Stars best player by miles in this game is Stankoven. Next would be Marchment. An indictment on everybody else in Dallas lineup. This is being easy for Vegas. Dallas barely generating anything.

Gee I guess Robertson is playing. The whole Dallas first line is invisible. So bad that Stars inserted Stankoven to try to get something going. Hintz and Robertson are terrible in this series and getting a rep as playoff non performers.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dallas with more of the suck. Did they even get a scoring chance in third. I stopped even flipping back to that game. Foregone conclusion that a 2-1 lead was going to be enough in that one. Dallas picks the worst possible times to be awful. The whole DAllas topsix should be embarassed.

Imagine winning first place, working hard all year to get that and just blow BOTH games at home and your fans might not even see you again this season. Dallas are in their own heads.

Turns out Knights were right to pick Dallas as an opponent.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Dallas with more of the suck. Did they even get a scoring chance in third. I stopped even flipping back to that game. Foregone conclusion that a 2-1 lead was going to be enough in that one. Dallas picks the worst possible times to be awful. The whole DAllas topsix should be embarassed.

Imagine winning first place, working hard all year to get that and just blow BOTH games at home and your fans might not even see you again this season. Dallas are in their own heads.

Turns out Knights were right to pick Dallas as an opponent.

Here's something everyone will hate to hear, but if Vegas wins that series, I bet they win the Cup again this year.

And the loophole still won't be closed, because something something CBA

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Here's something everyone will hate to hear, but if Vegas wins that series, I bet they win the Cup again this year.

Normally its hard to repeat but the Knights took a big sleep since November and so they look well rested. Between LTIR and how bad they were through most of season its come to this. Doesn't pay to extend effort in regular season I guess.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

The league doesn't want to close the loophole, they've been very clear on that. Their own system of supposedly having medical staff ensure that a player couldn't return during the regular season has been made a mockery of, and the league just trolls us by applauding what Vegas does, and encourages them to take it to the next level. Nothing would make Gary happier than to have Vegas repeat, and go for three in a row next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad