GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
You mean guys the size of Connor Garland, Quinn Hughes and Petey won't be dominant and effective in the playoffs. ;) All I see them do is flying through the air like kicked stuffed toys.

Petey really showed playoff level agression breaking his stick though. Surprised he could break it.
I want all Canadian teams to win but I don't see it in round one I think Oilers Jets And Leafs have a chance Don't hate me HF Oil but I have Stars as cup champs

cup.png

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
When's the Surrey parade happening tonight. I haven't heard anything. Is it on fire?

No, they were actually "Oilers fans" here chiding me on "disrespecting" the Nucks. Sheikyerbouti guy for one. Said I need more "awareness" when speaking of the beloved Nucks. lol Hasn't been seen here much lately.
Its happening tomorrow.

They ran out of fentanyl.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Everytime I look at Hughes lately its like he's in a Twilight zone episode expecting the grim reaper knocking. The guy has the disposition of a dying gremlin stuck on a plane wing...thats where I've seen him before..

View attachment 858721

View attachment 858723
Outstanding cultural reference lol. But I have to go to the old school William Shatner original:

Bonus is Shatner acting doubles for fair-weather Canuckle fans falling off the wagon after one loss.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Outstanding cultural reference lol. But I have to go to the old school William Shatner original:

Bonus is Shatner acting doubles for fair-weather Canuckle fans falling off the wagon after one loss.

I thought about it except that Gremlin is larger and almost scary looking... Saw both. The first when I was a kid in another epoch.

Classic series, the Original was.

• Haha
Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I thought about it except that Gremlin is larger and almost scary looking... Saw both. The first when I was a kid in another epoch.

Classic series, the Original was.
I’ve watched about half of the original series.
Amazing stuff, Rod Serling is an icon.
Have the rest on my pvr for future watching.
Burgess Meredith, Leonard Nimoy among many great actors of the golden age.
Best TV show ever.
Well with exception to Oil Change…

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’ve watched about half of the original series.
Amazing stuff, Rod Sterling is an icon.
Have the rest on my pvr for future watching.
Burgess Meredith, Leonard Nimoy among many great actors of the golden age.
Best TV show ever.
Well with exception to Oil Change…
I liked Night Gallery too. I liked freaking myself out as a kid and watching any scary thing I could. Then Black Sabbath released Black Sabbath and shit got serious. haha.

Serlings work on Planet of the Apes as well. Writer, consultant etc. The guy was so so talented.

Reactions: Morpheus

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I want all Canadian teams to win but I don't see it in round one I think Oilers Jets And Leafs have a chance Don't hate me HF Oil but I have Stars as cup champs

View attachment 858722
I'm with you Vain. Go Canada! I want to see an Oilers v. Canuckles second round followed by an Oilers Jets Conference Final. Culminating with an Oilers Cup win over the Leafs. Would be a dream run and a lot of salt served up. Done with Sunbelt Stateside Cuppers.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Almost zero and two at home. Without the Preds completely botching first game thats where it would stand. Still not so confident with this Preds team though. Any other playoff team and this would be a cakewalk beating the hapless nucks..

Imagine being so bad that you look for Joshua Dakota to be your hope and savior. Thats how weak this Nucks forward lineup is.

What is it with Vancouver and starring Team Sweden diving team precious forwards? Their whole franchise they've had this thing for small weak Swede forwards.

Lol about Dakota. Had to look and OF COURSE he also is in the 20%+ shooting club for the Canucks this season. Just ridiculous. Burn this fluke Canucks season down ASAP please.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Just looked him up on cap friendly

Apparently he is UFA after this season and is gonna be paid…but likely not in Vancouver imo

Hopefully he starts his planning with his agent some time next week :). Happy for him I guess, riding the PDO magic in Vancouver for a year. Would be wonderful if the Canucks found the money to give him a Kassian like deal haha. Hope he keeps being the most useful Canuck for the first round.

Reactions: bellagiobob

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Holy Blandcouver Canuckles, missed this game but was getting suicidal text updates from a Vankinfolk. He's complained about an over pass, not shot team ... which I have to say sounds somewhat familiar on occasion. He also said Canucks had a 4 shot first period. How does that even happen? Good, no short series would be a great thing. No Demko for an Oilers v. Canuckles second round series could be ... fun.
Some "extreme favorite" ;)

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Holy Blandcouver Canuckles, missed this game but was getting suicidal text updates from a Vankinfolk. He's complained about an over pass, not shot team ... which I have to say sounds somewhat familiar on occasion. He also said Canucks had a 4 shot first period. How does that even happen? Good, no short series would be a great thing. No Demko for an Oilers v. Canuckles second round series could be ... fun.
Isles had a one shot third the other night lol

Although in all fairness NSH had a two 4 shot periods last night. Glad I didn't watch the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad