GDT: Around the League 2023-24: The Marathon Becomes A Sprint

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I didn't even watch the game, but it didn't sound like it was some sort of dominant performance to talk about how they had the series won after round 1.

Then again they climbed Roger Nielson statue and put a white towel up, so who knows with those clowns.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Gotta feel for Vancouver. Still a dangerous team but DeSmith is just not very good, nor a particularly good goalie

1713909299427.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I didn't even watch the game, but it didn't sound like it was some sort of dominant performance to talk about how they had the series won after round 1.

Then again they climbed Roger Nielson statue and put a white towel up, so who knows with those clowns.

It wasn't in any sense of the word.

I think the Nucks had about 4 total shots before Saros pulled a Jack Campbell in the middle of the 2nd and let them back in. Predators had an Oiler-esque loss where they were largely in control of what was happening most of the game, but a small number of self inflicted wounds and bad goaltending buried them.

Nuck fans and Avalanche fans are a pick-em for dumbest in the NHL. Both groups are massive bandwagoners, both groups are full of frankly shitty people, both groups lack general knowledge, both groups are massive twitter keyboard warriors, etc.

Only two times this year where I have truly hated the individuals that showed up to Rogers as opposition fans, and that was the Nucks and Avalanche. They even superseded Vegas (worst example of bandwagon fans possible), the Leafs, Canadiens and Flames fans. Just odious people that go out of their way to act like f***ing assholes at every turn.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There aren't a lot of teams that could afford their starter going down, but Demko is the type of guy that wins games for his club when the team isn't doing well.

DeSmith is kind of the opposite. You hope the guy can give you a chance to win with if you get 3 goals, but a lot of nights you are gonna need more than that.

I'm holding off my excitement at DeSmith, and his sub 0.900 sav%, hurting the Canucks in the playoffs. Canucks have had miracles happen for them all year. There is a chance that DeSmith goes Adin Hillasek for them with another blessing from the hockey gods.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
They should play the Flames instead.

(Kuwait)

Also, they might be guilty of running up the score???

Don Cherry would be pretty mad at Thailand. That is against the code and all they are doing is building up Kuwait's motivation to win the next game!

• Haha
Reactions: Porkleaker

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Noticed that Dylan McIlrath is playing tonight. Some of you guys were barely born its seems when we were talking about him as a prospect.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
They should play the Flames instead.

(Kuwait)

Also, they might be guilty of running up the score???

It looks like they maybe took their foot off the gas a bit in the third lol. It’s like when small kids are destroying another team, you tell them they must pass at least three times before they can even try a shot!

Reactions: BlackDogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad